GTi pulls very slightly to the left....not the tracking (apparently)

ry203

Can anyone throw some light on why my GTi pulls slightly to the left. I have had the tracking looked at at it's last service but it was fine apparently, the garage said the passenger side tyre was down slightly but it still seems to do it. I have checked the tyre pressures right round and all are fine. Any ideas?

Mine did this too... Tracking was out by a mile.

Swap the wheels from to back, check the pressures.. See if this makes any difference.

Remember most roads are cambered towards the kurb.

Edited by 99hjhm

mine does this too,only very slightly and you have to go some distance to notice it

Ive had it tracked,cambered,everything possable checked,its bang on

its had loads of different wheels on and its still there

was told by vw its built into the chassis,a safety thing if you fall asleep the car will go to the left not right into on coming traffic

think thats a load of poop tbh :lol: ,but who knows

I didn't see them do it. I don't think that it's to do with the camber to be quite honest. It seems to do it even if i'm in the right hand lane of a dual carriageway where you can see that the road slightly dips to the center reservation. It's pretty annoying. Wanting it on coilovers so will get it properly set up then... It is annoying having to hold it very slightly to the right to stop it drifting off, it doesn't change at all under acceleration, just keeps on the same track.

Ok very weird, my gti does it to. Altho i do have wide deep dish alloys which are cambered. Like above camber of the road doesn't matter and its not affected by acceleration just get quicker with the speed of the car if that makes sence.

My GTI did this and it was even more noticable when I did the bushes.

Had the car tracked after the bushes were down and it was then made perfect and so was the camber and it still pulled to the left after a couple of checks.

The guy then did a very minor adjustment to the left wheel and now it driving like its on rails..........perfectly straight!

Think the Lupo has a very precise drive

still doing it, think it has got slightly worse but can't really tell. What possible causes could it be then? so far I have:

1) Chassis is built that way to prevent you falling asleep at the wheel :S

2) Tracking (had that checked)

3) Tyre pressure (all fine)

4) Camber of the road (not that, does it on every single road, regardless of camber)

Could it possibly be something with the suspension setup or steering rack etc? I'm concerned that the tyres are being worn when it's happening and I do have to keep the wheel in the centre otherwise it moves to the left slightly.

thanks for your help.

If it's only slightly, you won't notice wear on the tyres.

Its true that cars should pull slightly to the left, if at all.

If the tracking is 100%, ask them to move it to the right by half/one degree?

I've got this problem on my gti too, pulling quite noticeably to the right, obviously most noticeable on the motorway. Had the tracking done before but it didnt correct it at all even though it was out. Since fitting coilovers I've had the tracking camber done again, but its still made no difference. Tyre pressures are all fine too :-S

Went to get tracking done on my as mine pulled to the left (quite badly). Although i couldn't get my car on the ramps to get the tracking checked, the guy said its due to tyres more than tracking that make it pull. I would start with new tyres.