What did you drive before your lupo?

HaZz

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of previous Fiesta owners on here! They do handle well though, as do Ford Kas too.

Anyway, my car history is rather very dull:

2001 Saxo 1.1 Desire - my sisters but i shared it while i was learning to drive and when i passed my test. Handled great and for a 1.1 it went well, as light as a paper bag though.

1991 Citroen AX 1.0 - i had this car way before i was 17. Went wrong all of the time and i had 2 replacement engines in it. In total i only used it for 3 months. I then got the follwoing as a surprise xmas present from my parents, which was handy as the gearbox in the AX was going. I did love it though, park it anywhere and not care what happened to it, it was thrashed to bits.

2003 Arosa 1.0S - my xmas present in 2004. Was great going from a j-reg AX which was falling apart to an 03 reg Arosa, which felt like quality. Its the car i love the most and im not planning on letting it go just yet! It was a surprise present from my parents, though i had driven it before hand, they said i wasnt getting it, 2 months later it was in the garage xmas day! I find it very good fun to drive, even now, its not fast but that just means you need to keep the speed up at all times, fun handling and is actually firmer and tighter than every standard lupo ive driven. Must be a Seat thing! Drove this for 2 and a half years before getting...

2002 Arosa 1.4TDi S - wanted something a bit more suited to motorway driving for my drive to and from uni. It was a fantastic car and i wish i still had it, it served me very well. Agaian i had this two and a half years, i then went French again!

2002 Citroen C5 2.0HDi 110 SX - Fantastic cruiser, got it very cheap, its been a very reliable car and its brimming with kit - dual zone climate control, auto lights& wipers, Cruise etc. It was massive, especially going from an Arosa to it. Took it to the south of france last year, its perfect on motorway journeys, really puts small cars in their place. Was no fun on the twisty roads though, as you can guess. Had this 8 months.

2003 Peugeot 206 2.0HDi - got this because i wanted somehting which handles better than the C5 and something smaller, so i did a swap with my sister who had this prevously. It actually does handle well and easily puts a standard arosa to shame, nippy too. However it was just far to cramped, especially in the footwell. Had this 5-6 months.

2004 Citroen C5 2.0HDi 110 VTR - after looking for ages at many different types and makes of cars, i couldnt find anything which i really liked, i was sick of the 206 and really wanted a cruiser for my 70 mile commute. So i got this, and still have it. It drives better than my previous one, having harder suspension and bigger wheels. Though im now thinking abnout a change again ....

However, out of the 6 cars ive owned, 4 of them still are with us. The 1.0S is my mums town runabout to get to work, the 52reg C5 is my sisters and still going very nicely, the peugeot i need to sell and ive got my C5.

So my car history is very french, however ive been brought up with french cars so i do like them. We currently have 7 Citroens and 1 Peugoet, along with 1 Seat and 1 VW. Ive driven a lot fo cars, but nothing which would be of interest on here! I do love Citroens though and regularily drive two Citroen Xms, one of my fav cars ever!

Wouldnt mind a VAG group car again, for my next .... im on the look out.

Edited by cardaft

Well here goes:-

Austin Metro 'city'

Ford Capri 280

VW Type 2 1969 'called bag o ****e'

VW Golf 1.3 'mk2'

VW Beetle 1969

VW Type 2 Doormobile

VW Golf GTI Cab

Kawazaki ZZR 600

VW Golf GTI 'mk1'

VW Beetle 1972

Rover 420

Citreon AX GT

Suzuki GSFR600

VW Golf GTI 16v

VW Beetle 1956

VW Splitscreen 1966

VW Sharan

VW polo 1.0 e

VW Golf GTI 'mk2'

VW Passatt 1.8T

VW Polo 1.4

Land Rover Discovery

Mit EVO 4

Land Rover Discovery

Nissan Skyline

Land Rover Discovery

Then I had the wifes lupo when she bought a Fox

Bit of a mish-mash but then again i'm old

EVO the mid life crisis car??

You must be like 80 years old with that lengthy collection, or your listing your matchbox collection?? lol

EVO the mid life crisis car??

You must be like 80 years old with that lengthy collection, or your listing your matchbox collection?? lol

I missed off the Mini city and a Panda 4x4 (for good reasons) Evo was fun but wrong, It just needs to be driven like you have just stole it. Still have a number of cars from this list and both of the bikes (only 39 and still going through the mid life crisis) lol.

The two favourite cars I've owned so far are my mini, which I put a lot of work into with my uncle and my S3 which was just such a nice place to be in, think I'll get another later on in the year :)

DSC_0496.jpg

p.jpg

Two very smart cars mate!

I drove a PEACH 1.3 mk4 polo. i've never been mistaken for a gay man so much in my life! loved it though. probably one of the funniest first cars anyone could own (colourwise).

1197980691_l.jpg

I didnt know that was a real colour! I've seen one like that before and just thought it used to be red and faded really really badly! :lol:

I didnt know that was a real colour! I've seen one like that before and just thought it used to be red and faded really really badly! :lol:

yeah its an actual colour! there's not many about (which isn't surprising!). glad i had a memorable first car though, even though it was probably for the wrong reasons! :)