What did you drive before your lupo?

HaZz

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was doing 85 into a corner and there is like a bump before it made the cars rear end go out tried to correct it and clipped the ditch rolled 3times into a tree, yea i was ok considerin- got out the roof and rang my mum then ambulance lol

injuries were

fractured bone in back

fractured bone in neck

fractured collarbone

multiple pelvic fractures

broken rib which punctured lung

was a sore lesson and sore on the pocket but i was happy to be alive basically- just passed test and thought i was the rod basically lol happened at 245 was trying to get home (15miles) before 3

i was doing 85 into a corner and there is like a bump before it made the cars rear end go out tried to correct it and clipped the ditch rolled 3times into a tree, yea i was ok considerin- got out the roof and rang my mum then ambulance lol

injuries were

fractured bone in back

fractured bone in neck

fractured collarbone

multiple pelvic fractures

broken rib which punctured lung

was a sore lesson and sore on the pocket but i was happy to be alive basically- just passed test and thought i was the rod basically lol happened at 245 was trying to get home (15miles) before 3

Thats crazy, you are very lucky by the looks of it. Such a shame as well cus that mini was luuuuuuvly :wub:

the lupo gti is the first car iv actually bought haha.

my first car was beaut! peugot 309 style! given to me by a vicar :lol:

here it is parked in a ditch in the cwmcarn forest park carpark, took a bus load of downhillers to lift it out :rolleyes:

cwmcarn301005001.jpg

and then i had my grandmas old clio RT (rally turbo ;) ) 1.4

and now my gti :)

fabia vRS - a great compromise between economy and performance. mine was remapped and saw 170 odd bhp on the dyno, and 300ft/lb. foot down in any gear and it accellerated hard, and still returned 45mpg on average. didn't handle great, but i didn't mod any of the suspension other than having cupra bushes fitted. definitely a good choice if you are looking for a quick cheap diesel as you can pick them up dirt cheap now. biggest down side for me was the white interior which got grubby and was easily damaged.

Agree, cheap as chips now and fantastic value for money (air con, full-size spare, heated mirrors and even a glovebox :lol: ) - I was going to do without a car but six months after selling the GTi I decided to get something to potter about in. Like you say, handling isn't great but then I'm long past the stage of going round corners on the door handles - on A roads and dual carriageways it's like travelling in your favourite armchair.

In chronological order:

97 Corsa B 1.2 8v

01 Arosa 1.0

01 Arosa TDI

01 Lupo GTI

The Corsa was, looking back, ****. The first Arosa was good but gutless. The TDI was a nice stepping stone to the GTI.

Whats next? Either a newer GTI or a Mini Cooper S or an Elise or a Fiat Coupe. Or an MR2. Or maybe a Civic Type R. You get the idea... largely impractical but quite fast.

My parents' car and my eager little Learner machine, Mercedes A160:

02-1.jpg

You can probably tell this was taken on test-pass day. Mum taught me to drive whilst training for her ADI qualification, that's a hell of a lot of confidence in your first pupil to take them out without dual controls!

I was able to drive it solo from January '09, and got the Lupo the following May. Still liked to drive the Merc for longer trips (and there's more room in the boot for the dog) until the named insurance renewed and I was taken off it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well here goes:-

Austin Metro 'city'

Ford Capri 280

VW Type 2 1969 'called bag o ****e'

VW Golf 1.3 'mk2'

VW Beetle 1969

VW Type 2 Doormobile

VW Golf GTI Cab

Kawazaki ZZR 600

VW Golf GTI 'mk1'

VW Beetle 1972