What did you drive before your lupo?

HaZz

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fiesta 1.25 Si, and before that a rover 200 :D

Both of these cars were given to me as i was a poor sixth former... loved both of them though! it was great having a car that i cared nothing about and would leave it where ever, etc.

im sharing my mums KA at the moment, they are good little fun cars, like a go kart! but im not feeling the looks of them ha, i was just wondering what everyone drove incase i can't find a lupo myself and have to resort to a cheaper car for a while and save up to get a mint lupo instead of a cheaper old one.

I drove a MK4 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec 3dr in sexy metallic bronze. It was a good car, but written off as it made the filling in a Pug 206 / Nissan Almera Tino sandwich.

It was the reason I bought a MK6. Nothing went wrong and a good drive.

now a 270bhp focus ST-3

before that an S2000

before that a fabia vRS

before that a polo gti

before that a 200bhp ibiza cupra

before that a lupo gti

before that a lupo sport (kept it for 2 months before realising i should have bought a gti in the first place)

before that a saxo vts

before that a 260bhp toyota mr2 turbo

before that another 200bhp ibiza cupra

before that a mini cooper

before that another saxo

another couple of cars that i can't think of right now too.

inbetween all those i've had various sports bikes including a TT600, Ninja 636 and R1.

Edited by Adam K

now a 270bhp focus ST-3

before that an S2000

before that a fabia vRS

before that a polo gti

before that a lupo gti

before that a lupo sport (kept it for 2 months before realising i should have bought a gti in the first place)

before that a saxo vts

before that another saxo

inbetween all those i've had various sports bikes including a TT600, Ninja 636 and R1.

And den? AND DEN?!

now a 270bhp focus ST-3

before that an S2000

before that a fabia vRS

before that a polo gti

before that a lupo gti

before that a saxo vts

before that another saxo

Wow! great list! what did you think of each one?

A210 Evolution

Golf Mk4 GT TDI

Ford Fiesta (MK4 1.4 zetec)

Loved the fiesta, little rally car and I'd push it all the way purely becuase it was so cheap to repair/ replace smile.gif I really miss my first car

(How do I make this picture smaller?)

Goodbeach-1-1.jpg

Edited by sam bignell

Wow! great list! what did you think of each one?

focus - amazing (and i really do mean amazing) engine. 2.5 litre 5cyl with 225bhp as standard, and with a remap and a few mods can see 300bhp very easily. i would never have bought a ford previously, but they really have raised their standards with their current range of cars. it's silly fast, stupid amount of torque, and put your foot down in any gear and it flys, even 6th is pretty savage. 2 people on this forum have driven my car, putney and 2001gti, they will probably pass comment if they read this thread what the car is like to drive. biggest down side is it averages 23mpg which is a killer if you need to do some big mileage.

s2000 - a real drivers car, but also bites back if you aren't careful as i found out. revs forever, up to 9000rpm, and is pretty damn quick, and amazing fun to drive in good conditions, but absolute hell to drive if the roads aren't dry. the most fun car to drive that i've owned.

fabia vRS - a great compromise between economy and performance. mine was remapped and saw 170 odd bhp on the dyno, and 300ft/lb. foot down in any gear and it accellerated hard, and still returned 45mpg on average. didn't handle great, but i didn't mod any of the suspension other than having cupra bushes fitted. definitely a good choice if you are looking for a quick cheap diesel as you can pick them up dirt cheap now. biggest down side for me was the white interior which got grubby and was easily damaged.

polo gti - wouldn't own one again. everyone i know who's owned one has had gearbox problems, mine needed a new box and clutch. not very quick, and not all that exciting. a good little runabout to own, but not special enough.

ibiza cupra - i only bought my 2nd cupra because i had rose tinted specs and couldn't remember what was so bad about my first one that made me get rid of it. a 200bhp is a fairly quick car, but they just don't handle well, and they are boring. fuel consumption is pretty poor, but to be expected really from a turbo'd car if you cain it all the time. mine hit 100k and things started going wrong with it so i got rid.

lupo gti - needs no explanation really on this forum. my only complaint about the gti is that it's too slow. i recon with a supercharger/turbo on it would be the car it should have been in the first place. got rid cos i was bored and the ibiza cupra came up at a good price.

lupo sport - how the hell this can be classified as "sporty" is beyond me. wasn't impressed so got rid within 2 months. mine had leather and aircon, that was its only saving grace.

saxo vts - other than the s2000 this is the most fun car i've owned. AMAZING handling, quick too as it's practically made of kitkat wrappers. uber cheap to run, only thing that spoils it is the poor image they have.

mr2 turbo - very quick, but they are getting old now and inevitably need money spending on them. mine handled like a pig on rollerskates and was lethal in the wet. the turbo spooled up and BANG the power came in and broke traction if you weren't careful in the dry, and without warning in the wet. great fun with the T-bar roof in the summer. again, another car that's very very thirsty on fuel. wouldn't ever get another, they have definitely had their day.

ibiza cupra - see above commment. got bored of it. quick in a straight line but crap round corners.

mini cooper - one of the old minis, not a new bmw one. i got this car very cheap as it was owned by a family friend, i made £1000 when i came to sell it, and that was after only a month!! how anyone can live with one of these things is beyond me. noisy, uncomfortable, sh1te on anything but smooth roads, you got bounced round everywhere, sloooooow, and just not a nice car to live with.

I had a Mk4 Polo 1.4 8v before my Lupo, but the Lupo was the first I could legally drive.

My car history went Lupo > Corrado 16v > Polo G40 > BMW 735 (briefly) > Golf VR6, with a few dailys inbetween.

The Corrado and the Golf VR6 have been my favourite day to day cars. The VR6 is such an understated and under-rated car.

The G40 was by far the most fun, it was such a handful to drive and quite brutal in a straight line, but driving it made me ill, and it wasn't exactly reliable.

I would definitely have another Corrado and G40, but I don't think I would have another Lupo.

Yes, one of two GTR's I've owned. Not too many of them around, they only made 2500 for homologation purposes, and most of them became rallycars for gr.n and gr.a. I've had 2 rallyspec cars( = no abs, manual windows, no central locking, no sunroof, so about 50kg lighter than fully specced road cars), but both mine were street driven. Nice cars, super quick but weak gearboxes sadly..

Before my Gti I owned..

A 54plate Lupo sport but as Adam K said I quickly realised I wanted a gti and sold it after 6 month.

A 57plate punto grande courtesy car. Never owned it but drove it for 4000miles. Was sluggish but had a decent stereo!

Mk5 51plate Fiesta 1.25 zetec and loved it, had it for 2 years and it never broke and my mums now owned it 18month and it's still going strong!

First car was a maroony purple coloured 1988 pug205 1.1 - 4speed and manual choke haha loved it!