Lambda Sensor

MacGTR

Well, the exhaust gas light has come on! (The one with an engine picture and CHECK written under it)

It has been sitting in the garage for a month or two without any movement, got back from London and I needed to fix the window switch, so I drove over to the scrappy and got the window switch. Fixed the window, and as I was driving out of the scrappy the light came on. I assume its the Lambda sensor as it has been sitting still for a while. What's the damage on getting a new one?

It's booked into the garage for next week, but I should be fine driving it around as it doesn't sound lumpy or anything, right?

• 2 weeks later...

I also have a Lupo with the engine check light illuminated on the dash, also thought it will be the Lambda Sensor.

Any idea on cost of part, damage caused by driving whilst not fixed and easy of replacing yourself?

Am I right in thinking it is a common fault, it is 1.0 btw.

Many thanks

I also have a Lupo with the engine check light illuminated on the dash, also thought it will be the Lambda Sensor.

Any idea on cost of part, damage caused by driving whilst not fixed and easy of replacing yourself?

Am I right in thinking it is a common fault, it is 1.0 btw.

Many thanks

There wont have been any damage caused, certainly not to the best of my knowledge. somebody else may know better ?