EBC Brakes Explained - Guide

POTN_COM

A place i used to work at was a main distributor for EBC brakes, to be totally honest they are ok as a get you braking item but totally crap under pressure and for the price thats not good!!!!

The discs are nothing more than standard spec but with a few cosmetic dimples or lines and the pads are as i was informed by their own sales rep "so inconsistent".

Having had to use them on a race car we found that issue really became apparent. But thats my own view on EBC.

I wonder if they ever sorted the rear pads falling out of the Clio williams?! hmmmm

Edited by 1 Litre Screamer
  • Like 3

A place i used to work at was a main distributor for EBC brakes, to be totally honest they are ok as a get you braking item but totally crap under pressure and for the price thats not good!!!!

EBC claim that using their products vs other products of similair quality in the market area have a competitive advantage in regards to brake dust. Thats the biggest load of bull I've hear and my original brakes gave less brake dust!

I currently have EBC grooved, vented and dimpled discs and green stuff pads and I'd go as far as advising using original components rather than the suppose benefits EBC offer. Theres little difference on the Lupo GTI

Sorry for slatting products which your selling but I think EBC have too much credit promoted by street racing youths who admire "coloured brake pads"

• Like 1

"I wonder if they ever sorted the rear pads falling out of the Clio williams?! hmmmm"

Wow.. :blink: Now that I didn't know, I'll have to have a look into that one!

We're looking at doing Tarox brakes early next year so I'll get one together for them aswell :)

Thanks for all the opinions everyone, slating etc doesn't bother me at all, it's opinions I like and helps me alot :)

I'm using Green Stuff pads on my fronts and I can't fault them so far. Then again I haven't had anything other than standard, plus they're being used with Black Diamond drilled and grooved discs.

I had the ebc grooved and dimpled on my Gti with the green stuff pads, tbh once they warmed up they was far better than the standard pads.

Do EBC do them for the panda 100? ive looked and they do them for the punto and 500 which as far as im aware are the same brakes.

Tah

We knew someone who used to be getting funding from EBC for his racing (on the basis that he had to use EBC pads which he'd get for free). He ended up painting the backing plates of other manufacturers pads, as the EBC's were so bad..

Edited by Kam Racing

We knew someone who used to be getting funding from EBC for his racing (on the basis that he had to use EBC pads which he'd get for free). He ended up painting the backing plates of other manufacturers pads, as the EBC's were so bad..

Errmmmmm, we did exactly that with the Formula Ford.:rolleyes:

i ran green stuff on my supercharged yaris tsport, compared to the standard stuff they were Loads (with a capital L) better after a couple of uses when they got some heat in them. As above some people dont rate then though.

I never put them through their paces on the track, only hard road driving. But then again, thats what theyre advertised as being good for, fast road.

I only bought the steup because it was ÂŁ200 for green stuff all round and grooved discs all round which i thought was a bargain.

Hi mate,

Pad wise?

For the Panda 100 (1.4) EBC Offer Green and Redstuff, they're part numbers DP1384 (front) and DP1338 (rear) for Green and DP21384 (front) and DP21338 (rear) for Red.

Thanks,

Si.

Cheers mate, what about the discs?

Cheers mate, what about the discs?

Hi mate,

They haven't yet brought out the Ultimax discs for this car, but the Turbogroove's are GD840 for the front and GD286 for the back :)

I've only used Red Stuff on fast road, never on the track so haven't personally experienced their performance and if they overheat etc on the track but had no problems at all on the road and alot better than standard equipment!

Si.

Protect yourself John (I assume), I've heard another performance parts supplier recently got taken to court by EBC for similar comments. Slander I believe.