heater not working on 1-2

Toot

Guys, my heaters stopped working on the number 1 and number 2 settings. its annoying because 3 sounds loud so i cant hear the radio! I like to keep it on 1 or 2 during the winter to keep the windows clear. I read on here that you need to replace the controls and i also read that its the resistor? Which is more likely/easiest/cheapeest to replace?

Thanks

Guys, my heaters stopped working on the number 1 and number 2 settings. its annoying because 3 sounds loud so i cant hear the radio! I like to keep it on 1 or 2 during the winter to keep the windows clear. I read on here that you need to replace the controls and i also read that its the resistor? Which is more likely/easiest/cheapeest to replace?

Thanks

Read my other posts on this topic,very easy to replace. Look on ebay at item number 270262657167 for a low cost replacement.

Read my other posts on this topic,very easy to replace. Look on ebay at item number 270262657167 for a low cost replacement.

Thanks for that! I assume this resistor is a common part then if they are the same on mk4 golfs?

Thanks

The resistor is a 10 minute job. very easy to replace.

The resistor is a 10 minute job. very easy to replace.

Strange, you replied ot my post twice in the same thread?! lol Did it today, reckon 10 minutes for an amateur! Did it in 5 max!

Cheers for the info from ebay, got it off him, delivered in 2 days, 5 mins to fit, jobs a good un!