106 gti

josh_gti

You sound like you really love 106s mate, maybe if you havent had one already you should try a 106 rallye. Theyre different, but similar...if you catch my drift.

Well at the very least it will be just as good if not better, but please promise not to crash the Lupo if you get one, feel free to crash as many 106's as you like!!!! :)

Cheers, James.

• Like 1

Pugsport exhaust is the only performance mod he's done. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't like a Porsche pulling away from a 1.0, but it didn't look like the Loop could keep up to 60. From there on it was pretty even.

Quality/Safety makes the Lupo the better option IMO. Obviously i'm biased with owning one, however after being out in 106's and Saxo's they feel flimsy and up at the top end they dont feel planted on the road.

Quality/Safety makes the Lupo the better option IMO. Obviously i'm biased with owning one, however after being out in 106's and Saxo's they feel flimsy and up at the top end they dont feel planted on the road.

yeah ano wat u mean top end they get abit rattily am jst worried that a spend 4 grand on a lupo and jst be dissapointed with it cause u can have a mint 106 gti for that money

Edited by josh_gti

thing is if you dont write ya lupo gti off then you are unlikely to lose much money from 4 grand even after a couple of years. they really hold their value. also im not sure how a 106gti would do a lupo gti in a straight line as the lupo is "on paper" (parkers) quicker to 60 so with the same mods in a straight line the lupo should do it. all depends on the driver. i did my mate in his 04 190ps audi a4 s line quattro and he caught up at 120 so it all down to reactions and driver capability. im suprised you survived a crash in a 106 gti tbh. but if poogeots are your thing. stick to em cus lupo gtis arent for chavs. if you do decide on a lupo gti, welcome to the club and make sure its a 6 speed :D

• Like 1

hello i am new to this site, recently my 106 gti got wrote off and i fancy a change seein so that was my 4th 106

You have wrote off four??

:lol: Sorry!

Edit: This was ment as a light hearted joke, if you have wrote off four 106's, thats very sad and unlucky. Hope you decide to get a GTI, they are great cars.

Mod's will probably now remove this comment because it's offensive, rasist or something else. :rolleyes:

Mark.. You've had both, so your a perfect judge.

Edited by 99hjhm
  • Like 1

How do you know he has written off 4? Jumping to conclusions? He just said it was his 4th 106.

Imagine a slightly slower, slightly better built car, with a nicer interior and a bit prettier looking, and that's a Lupo GTi compared to a 106 GTi. I've test driven both and to be totally honest... I preferred the 106, it's a little bit more involving and more fun, definitely feels faster, but you seem to get fit ones and not so fit ones, as you probs know. Kinda wish I had got the 106 over my VR6 now :lol:

• Like 1

How do you know he has written off 4? Jumping to conclusions? He just said it was his 4th 106.

It was light hearted banter... Notice the "Sorry" and the :lol: .

Oh, forgot.. this forum doesnt do humour anymore.

:wacko:

• Like 1

It was light hearted banter... Notice the "Sorry" and the :lol: .

Oh, forgot.. this forum doesnt do humour anymore.

:wacko:

Sorry it's just everyone was jumping on him saying he wrote off 4 cars then saying he shouldn't buy a Lupo incase he crashes it... it's a proper dickhead way to welcome someone to the forum.

Erm, going slightly back on topic, the general consensus of my post was that the Lupo is a 'mature, refined' GTi, and the 106 is a bit more raw and less comfortable.

• Like 1

Sorry it's just everyone was jumping on him saying he wrote off 4 cars then saying he shouldn't buy a Lupo incase he crashes it... it's a proper dickhead way to welcome someone to the forum.

Erm, going slightly back on topic, the general consensus of my post was that the Lupo is a 'mature, refined' GTi, and the 106 is a bit more raw and less comfortable.

Yes we could have started piss taking French cars, saying how they good they are at falling apart. ..and how a Lupo is the only decent car ever built.

I edited the post, not to offend you Liam, but this Forum does annoy me sometimes.

• Like 1

BTW, my comment on him not to crash a Lupo GTi was a joke and there is no need to call me a dickhead is there really, as 99hjhm said, no humour anymore, plus its not my fault french cars are rubbish!!! :P (that was a joke as well just in case you need some help to notice)

No hard feelings!!! :D

Cheers, James.

EDIT: Your VR6 is lush!!!! :wub:

Edited by s2000king

French car interiors are shocking, and please quote me on this, I AM NOT JOKING THEY ARE TOTALLY DUMP. especially the 106. The interior styling is closer to a Nova than a modern day car and dashboard is made from horrible plastics. Its all personal preference and im gunna put it down how i see it. French cars have no class. again not a joke, saxos, 106's, 206's pure cheap vulgarity. Bring on the abuse cus i couldnt give a monkeys. people that buy these cars also have no class so im sorry to offend but your heaps offend me. oh and to bring on the age old fight over 5 and 6 speed... the 6 speed close ratio means that no matter what corner you go round and at whatever speed there is always a more appropriate gear to keep it in the high rev range improving the overall drive. Read the reviews from professionals people, quoted on fifth gear "it was only when the six speed gearbox was put in the little lupo that it became an instant classic". exceleration from everyday driving speeds to illegal speeds is competently quicker with the six speed do ya research. :P

• Like 1