My new Arosa

arosa_rory

Hi guys,

As I'm new here I thought I would share with you the pictures of my car. I will satrt with a little bit of history.

Basically to cut a long story short, a young lady had the car for about 4 years but only drove it for 2 as 2 years ago she hit a curb on the nearside front wheel and did damage to the wishbone, driveshaft and brake disc.

After this happened the car then sat there on her drive for 2 years because she bought another car, however she did buy another set of alloys for it.

So yesterday 01/12/2009 I paid £500 for the below! It has 53k on the clock, 16" fox alloys with brand new tyres, also the previous set! An aftermarket steering wheel, tints all round, Lowered 40mm, powerflow exhaust, front splitter.

Please enjoy the pics and feel free to comment :)

ArosaPictures009.jpg

ArosaPictures011.jpg

ArosaPictures015.jpg

ArosaPictures003.jpg

ArosaPictures004.jpg

Edited by arosa_rory

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rory.. i'm suprised, it's not actually that bad for that price :P

Need to get some Lupo Rear lights on there though and it will be looking tidy.. although not 100% sure on the exhaust... :huh:

Edited by Emz

Thanks for the comments

I started working on it earlier, cleaned the whole outside so its mint, I fitted the new wishbone so the wheel is now aligned properly and tracked up :)

The knuckle joint will be here first thing in the morning so that will be fitted up.

I ordered the new side repeaters earlier as one is missing but hey progress is going quickly. I will hopefully mot it and tax it in the next 2 weeks :)

All I need to do now is clean that interior out

nice, you got some deal! coilovers would be top of my list ;) do you know what grill it is?

Yeah I'm really plesed, somebody offered me 1k cash for it as it is now but I'm making progress and intend to keep this!

As for the grill I'm not sure I will look around.

It is lowered on shocks and springs but I will be taking it all out to fit up a good set of coilovers but that will be later when everything else is sorted

• 1 month later...

I am now starting to prep the interir parts for painting. I am going to smooth all the texture out of all the plastics so its smooth as galss and paint them.

I am doing the lower dash section and center console either a nice metallic black or the same colour as the car, I haven't decided yet but i will have a couple of weeks before I paint it all.

I will keep the progress pictures coming..

500 squid! absaloite steal. just get the lower fornt bumper tidied up and itll be reet!

id maybe fit a dif headunit and gearknob as thos elook a little maxpower for my taste but at 500 quid..canny complain

500 squid! absaloite steal. just get the lower fornt bumper tidied up and itll be reet!

id maybe fit a dif headunit and gearknob as thos elook a little maxpower for my taste but at 500 quid..canny complain

I must agree with you a few of the bits inside are a little tacky, and for the headunit I have got a nice pioneer flip out screen one waiting to go in and 7 tvs :P ill upload the pictures as I go along, Emz will confirm that I do go a little mad when I start :P

I want that grill, swap Rory? :P Been a while since i've been up your way, not since we both had Seicento's anyway :o

Hmm what are we swapping for ? :P

I must agree with you a few of the bits inside are a little tacky, and for the headunit I have got a nice pioneer flip out screen one waiting to go in and 7 tvs :P ill upload the pictures as I go along, Emz will confirm that I do go a little mad when I start :P

Hmm what are we swapping for ? :P

7 tvs?! where are you going to put them?!

A little update,

I started doing some work on the car today, I have started getting all the audio visual parts sorted. I haven't got much done today however I have managed to fit my 9.4 inch roof mount screen into place.

I have got 7 screens to fit in total, one for each headrest, 2 sunvisor screens and the roof flip down in the center up front. I have also got a pioneer avh headunit that has a screen that flips out and is all touch screen so will compliment it all nicely.

I am also fitting the ps2 into the car this week aswell as my split charge battery system.

Once these bits are fitted I'm going to respray the cream and grey plastics in the car, I'm going to smooth the texture out so they're like glass and spray them a nice subtle metallic black.

Heres some pictures of todays progress:

arosapictures001-1.jpg

arosapictures002-1.jpg

arosapictures003-1.jpg

arosapictures004-1.jpg

arosapictures007-1.jpg

arosapictures009-1.jpg

arosapictures012-1.jpg

arosapictures019.jpg

arosapictures021.jpg

arosapictures024.jpg

cant say i like it mate..itd maybe look a bit better if the roof lining was black too

The whole interior is going to be retrimmed as soon as Ive got all of the fitting, painting etc done, I'm going for a full black and grey leather including the headlining and dash.

The whole interior is going to be retrimmed as soon as Ive got all of the fitting, painting etc done, I'm going for a full black and grey leather including the headlining and dash.

cool its nothn personal iv never really beena fan of flip donws unless theyre fully flush and even then its hit or miss...as long as youre happy with it...

then again im pretty sure once i redo my headlining itll be hit or miss!