Do not purchace a fox!

strudle

Screenwash system leaks.

rear passenger side window clip broken.

headlights out of alignment.

brakes shudder.

wipers lose tension.

Reading other peoples comments i think every area of the car is below par!

sell the fox and get a second hand car!

• Like 3

Still, a new car shouldn't have any of those problems :/ You can't excuse the poor build quality with "Cheap to fix".. If you spent the best part of 10K on a new car would you want to take it home only to have a huge amount of faults come up which, although may be cheap, still take up time and effort? No.

They are a car on which you get what you pay for. In my opinion, cheap vw = not a vw but they seem to be all right cars as long as you can live with the problems. I can't offer a better opinion having never driven one but they look ok and have good engines. Personally I would choose a Lupo any day ;)

• Like 1

Still, a new car shouldn't have any of those problems :/ You can't excuse the poor build quality with "Cheap to fix".. If you spent the best part of 10K on a new car would you want to take it home only to have a huge amount of faults come up which, although may be cheap, still take up time and effort? No.

I've not known many (if any) new cars to have zero issues, unless the owners just don't care/don't notice.

A friend just got a Mk5 GTi and it has a dodgy door seal, badly aligned door and the dashboard is warped. A new dash is now on order.

Does it mean the car is crap? No.

• Like 1

I've not known many (if any) new cars to have zero issues, unless the owners just don't care/don't notice.

A friend just got a Mk5 GTi and it has a dodgy door seal, badly aligned door and the dashboard is warped. A new dash is now on order.

Does it mean the car is crap? No.

What it means is that VW sell on an ill gained reputation that their cars are a cut above and customers are willing to pay over the odds for it.

i bought mine new back in april and ive had no probs, yeh its not as well built as our golf but i knew that when we bought it. it cost approx half as much as the golf so in my opinion you get half a car....................

i bought mine new back in april and ive had no probs, yeh its not as well built as our golf but i knew that when we bought it. it cost approx half as much as the golf so in my opinion you get half a car....................

Very good point my friend, but for everyone else don't forget the Lupo has its faults as well!!!! :)

Does its appearance not warrant reason enough not to purchase one

Standard, total agree :)

I think with the right mods they could be a cool car... Take for instances the smooth red one which was up for sale recently with Merc 'caps, also there is a nice black one with banded stellies. Be good to see a few more done I rekon.

Screenwash system leaks.

rear passenger side window clip broken.

headlights out of alignment.

brakes shudder.

wipers lose tension.

Reading other peoples comments i think every area of the car is below par!

sell the fox and get a second hand car!

Got my car Tuesday, nothing wrong with it at all thanks

I think with the right mods they could be a cool car... Take for instances the smooth red one which was up for sale recently with Merc 'caps,

Thats mine :) keeping it now too, wanting another Lupo as a daily while the fox is away for another transformation :blink: