Potential 'Numpty' Situation Avoided With Stealer - Regarding My Air Recycle Switch

BigMon

I thought my air recycle switch was broken as I couldn't switch it on (the recycle switch is next to the air conditioning one, just below the heat regulator).

The I found that it won't recycle the air if the fan is set to blow on the windscreen. I've tested this and if you're recycling the air as it blows onto, for example, your feet and then change the fan to blow onto your windscreen it physically turns the switch off.

I suppose this is because you don't want to recycle the air if it has moisture in it and it's blowing onto your windscreen, but it's a pain if you're behind an "old smoky".

Anyway, I was going to ask for a new switch under warranty, so it saves me looking like a tit at the stealer. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

flying visit today so only one post before i'm out of here.

To answer the last question if you’re reversing your going to be driving back through your own emissions and therefore if they close the vents it saves any smells coming into the car. A lot of new ones also do it when you use your windscreen wash so that you don't get the alcohol smell and my Alfa used to have a sensor in the pollen filter that measured the pollution and closed it if you were behind a bus or something like that automatically instead of the frantic push of the button only to find you've trapped the huge belch of fumes in to recycle around you.