Top Gear

2001gti

most people sound suprised when you tell them you have a car thats nearly old enough for the scrappage scheme (well mine is anyway) just shows how timeless the lupo looks....twingo's are cool but if i had to choose between the twingo and the abarth i'd have the abarth

133bhp 0-60 8.7?????? whats that all about. lupo gti almost a whole second quicker to 60. quite funky tho but would probably die if you hit a feasant at 20mph as its a poogeot.

133bhp 0-60 8.7?????? whats that all about. lupo gti almost a whole second quicker to 60. quite funky tho but would probably die if you hit a feasant at 20mph as its a poogeot.

its a renault, and tbf it took a decent beating, including a roll, and was still going strong.

i think the twingo would be a better drive than a lupo.

• Like 1

I actually despise the Twingo. The Fiat 500 Abarth was way cooler!

I was arguing with the missus about this, the 500abarth is one of the coolest cars on the road.

Do you think clarkson actually did the loop?

Edited by 2001gti

133bhp 0-60 8.7?????? whats that all about. lupo gti almost a whole second quicker to 60.

Probably heavier. And book time on a GTI is 8 or 8.1 I think, apparently the magazines got about 7.8 I think, so the Twingo might be slightly quicker than that too.

Do you think clarkson actually did the loop?

Of course not! :lol:

Probably heavier. And book time on a GTI is 8 or 8.1 I think, apparently the magazines got about 7.8 I think, so the Twingo might be slightly quicker than that too.

Of course not! laugh.gif

the 5 speed is marginally quicker to 60, as autocar have posted a time of 7.7 seconds.

one less gear change makes all the difference. like the saxo vtr, vs pug 106 gti. lol.

i thought it was 7.8 too. I saw in another magazine it quoted the twingo only doing it in 8.7 so im guessing thats pretty accurate. I prefer the twingo to the 500 as i think the 500 is for pretentious pricks :D . And me being me, i like to be different. 500 is a bit of a fags car tbh, twingo styling looks nice and renault make great chassis.

• Like 1

Yeah, but a 6 speed is quicker to 58mph. :P

And all the in gear times are quicker too.

I couldn't remember whether it was 7.7 or 7.9, so I settled on "about 7.8". :lol:

yep and the 6 speed is better in every other sense too the 5 speed is cannabilistic. why oh why did i buy a 5 speed..anyway, before going off topic the twingo i think is comparable to the lupo, maybe not as timeless but certainly unique!

a twingo R2 would be much better though......now where did i leave that £25,000

i thought it was 7.8 too. I saw in another magazine it quoted the twingo only doing it in 8.7 so im guessing thats pretty accurate. I prefer the twingo to the 500 as i think the 500 is for pretentious pricks :D . And me being me, i like to be different. 500 is a bit of a fags car tbh, twingo styling looks nice and renault make great chassis.

Do you just write crap on the internet?

• Like 3

The Twingo specs say that the car has more torque, and more BHP than the GTi, however, weighs 5 kg more.

A colleague an friend owns a 133, and i never worried about who was going to pull from who, i was quite suprised how easy it was, just seemed to rev for longer.