Top Gear

2001gti

If you have freesat or sky HD its in HD too! :shades:

About bloody time. Its a huge investment for the BBC to get all of top gears work flow over to HD. It has probably the highest editing ratio of

any TV program, similar to that of a feature film. That is a lot of work but if all the managers were paid a little less of our money we could have had it a few years ago.

Edited by Unheard

Too be perfectly honest, I'm getting bored with it now.

Same old, same old...

Just seems to be an excuse for the 3 of them to act like tits in supercars on the licence payers money.

Would be nice to some real cars on it now and again.

I'll probably still watch it in hope, but Channel 4 & 5 have more to offer me at the mo'.

:coffee:

Feel free to give me negative feedback. :D

Too be perfectly honest, I'm getting bored with it now.

Same old, same old...

Just seems to be an excuse for the 3 of them to act like tits in supercars on the licence payers money.

Would be nice to some real cars on it now and again.

I'll probably still watch it in hope, but Channel 4 & 5 have more to offer me at the mo'.

:coffee:

Feel free to give me negative feedback. :D

If you mean in the way of car programmes, then I can't think of anything Channel 4 have made since Driven, and also Fifth Gear on 5 is no more :(.

I'm watching it on my PS3 (BBC iPlayer) now.

Also - Anyone else spot the Orange Leon Cupra R 12 minutes in?

See:

Anyone else see that Leon when they were in Romania?

Orange, with black wheels?

No ;)

yeh the orange one, looked quite cool

;)

If you mean in the way of car programmes, then I can't think of anything Channel 4 have made since Driven, and also Fifth Gear on 5 is no more :(.

Don't forget "Classic Gear" on ITV4!

There should be scope for a William Woolard's era Top Gear type programme where cars are reviewed, but it's just not dynamic enough these days. I think the little reviews on YouTube do that quite nicely and a few magazines have there own video reviews on line too.

Top Gear is an entertainment programme with cars in it. Nothing more, nothing less. I like it, but if I want a car test review, I will look elsewhere.

To be honest though, If it was about normal every day cars, I'd point blank refuse to watch it.

Oh i dunno, i thought the comparison review of the morris marina and the lada riva was quite good...

Top Gear is an entertainment programme with cars in it. Nothing more, nothing less.

I agree and it's about as entertaining as X Factor, I'm A Celebrity: Get Me Out Of Here and Strictly Come Dancing.

It's gotten repetitive.

Shame as it was good once.

Surprised I have no negative feedback yet :)

Surprised I have no negative feedback yet smile.gif

Only because you don't have a Minus button ;)

TBF, It is entertaining to me because people arsing about and making sarcastic jokes is much funnier than someone dancing to 'spoiled' music and winning points.

• Like 1

If I wanted a 'car test review' I would go to the dealers and test drive the car myself.

I want to watch a funny program about cars, not a test between two French shopping cars to see which one is most suitable for Granny to go to shops in - that's why Fifth Gear died.

• Like 1

I was shocked to hear Top Gear is broadcast in every country OTHER than America, well, the ones that have a TV i suppose.

I think it's a great program, however, it is predicatble, and repetative.

I was shocked to hear Top Gear is broadcast in every country OTHER than America, well, the ones that have a TV i suppose.

I think it's a great program, however, it is predicatble, and repetative.

thats bs because ive watched it on a plane in america on "bbc america"! go me!

ps it was inland plane going from ny to miami

Edited by jamiea7x
  • Like 1