Lupo Race Build

truCido

Yeah turns out I spun a bearing on cylinder one so gonna need a whole bottom end thanks to the lovely aluminium design :(

The design of not been able to take the crank out the block without it distorting?

Yeah and they don't sell the bits individually either

maybe but he's saying you might as well just throw it away and get another its cheaper :(

Yeah, I think he's right. Shame you can't stick a 1.4 Polo engine in it. (Or a GTI bottom end ;) )

Yeah, I think he's right. Shame you can't stick a 1.4 Polo engine in it. (Or a GTI bottom end ;) )

I wish I could would make life so much easier, the polo's got a better head design as well...why didnt they fit the AFH to the Lupo dammit!!

My favorite thread, love to see a lupo sport getting used an abused.

I was so looking forward to the sound of that once the engine had the work done too.

Shame, I'm sure progress will come about again soon.

Keep up the good work, Old school approach to motorracing, If something isn't competitive keep trying until it is.

That's how I remember Rallying being as a kid... now everyone has a 4x4 turbo. Gone are the days when you'd see all kinds of

crap in rally livery. I remember one bloke with a Skoda Felicia every year at the Somerset Stages, always looked so out of place. :lol:

Yeah I've been looking at electrical ones but there expensive!

I was running 24/25, cant for the life of me remember which way round though :s

yeah definitely a few little "tweaks" happening...race head, lightened + balanced flywheel / crank, cams, tb's

funny you mention the power steering actually!! I mentioned it when removing the engine and its on my to do list, unless you can say which car comes without a power steering rack off the top of your head? :D

Pretty sure the early 8v/1.0 Lupo's (with the early dash arrangement)

have non PAS racks.

I need one for mine.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...