Had a long day today!!

IMAG0223.jpg

IMAG0224.jpg

IMAG0222.jpg

IMAG0226.jpg

IMAG0232.jpg

IMAG0234.jpg

IMAG0236.jpg

I didn't get any pics of it all back together but we didn't finish till about 9 and I just wanted to get home lol. But the heads back on, cam belt all on and ready to go back into the car :)

Edited by truCido

A few pictures from Saturday, firstly we got the engine in and but the bumper back on, filled the fluids up, fitted the rear ARB and a few other bits and pieces:

IMAG0239.jpg

IMAG0241.jpg

IMAG0242.jpg

IMAG0246.jpg

IMAG0250.jpg

Then today we painted the cage and fitted some decals and made the switch panel

SDC10559.jpg

SDC10560.jpg

SDC10565.jpg

SDC10564.jpg

SDC10568.jpg

SDC10570.jpg

SDC10571.jpg

SDC10572.jpg

Looks like it's much closer to being on the track!

Yeah nearly there!! Just need to get all the pedal box fitted, dash in, wiring sorted, fire extinguisher fitted, brake lines in, sun strip on, manual windows ideally, seat and harnesses should be no probs, and ummm I hope thats it!!

Well I've rang up to cancel my entry to the first race today :( Everythings really not coming together as well as I wanted, I will 100% make the next race though which is only a few weeks away.

A few more bits arrived today, including my pedal box which has bits missing from it :@

IMAG0252.jpg

IMAG0253.jpg

IMAG0255.jpg

IMAG0256.jpg

IMAG0257.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You'll be fine, like said above its just loads screws. I just went at it and undid absolutely everything. You won't have a problem putting it back in. The lower part of the dash is plastic welded to the top part but it all comes out together and wont come apart unless you really try!

Just a bit of an update, there's a race on monday and testing on thursday, I really wanted to make the testing on Thursday but it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to as I wasn't able to bring the car home today. So I'm in two minds on weather to do the race or not....Also my list of things to do has grown due to a few "issues".

My to do list is...

Fit Clutch Cable

Fit Throttle Cable

Fit Oil Catch Tank

Fit brake pipes inside car

Cover door insides with aluminium

Get 2 plates welded in for harnesses

IMAG0308.jpg

IMAG0310.jpg

Edited by truCido