Lupo Race Build

truCido

For anyone that's interested here's my video from Monday :)

I had massive amounts of understeer and I was 2 secs a lap slower than I should be :( A good race though and overtook a few, and managed to get a P2 in class.

I overtook the guy complaining off the start line (he rented another car as his isn't ready)

Edited by truCido
  • Like 2

Looks a good solid run dude, managed not to crash which is always a bonus hehe :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Thought it was time I put a bit of an update up. I've had my thread moved away for various reasons but its back now :)

I've had a pretty good season so far really and finished 2nd in every race (apart from the 1st one lol). I should've won one of the races, but I got into first and then made a mistake in the wet and lost position :( but still I can't complain about 2nd place in class!! I'm currently running full ballast of 60kg as well which is slowing me down a little unfortunately.

My latest race was this weekend and I qualified 3rd in class and managed to come 2nd in class in the race. I had a good little battle with a Mini Cooper Works GP but he just had too much power on the straights as you'll see from my vids, I made it past him once but couldn't keep him there forever

Video from this weekend's racing:

http://youtu.be/74SkYZ9pc6o

All my videos can be seen on here: http://www.youtube.com/user/truCido1/videos

Edited by truCido
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

As some of you have probably seen I've put the car up for sale in the classifieds section. It's difficult to figure out a price for the car as there isn't really anything like it...If anyone is seriously interested and wants to talk then I am open to offers

Oh and if anyone's interested, this is my video from the last race of the year. Managed a 1st in class :) Had a great season and finished 2nd overall in class and 7th overall in the championship (out of 30+ cars)

Edited by truCido

• 5 years later...

Wow! Having read through this thread years ago, I figured now I’ve just bought the car (and completed its first successful race weekend in 2-3 years) I’d have a refresh and pipe up!

It’s funny how things pan out, as Dave knows (and we’re well past it), I was also ‘responsible’ for the GTi doors ‘cheating’ issue, (I’m that b*****d), but only because I was told by the scrutineers I’d have to remove them from my original build (which incidentally never got finished so I moved on) so I only raised a question 🤦‍♂️

Nevertheless a lot has changed to the car after Dave’s ownership including a fair few new yet unsuccessful engines. Personally I’ve not done a lot as yet other than get him out Saturday gone and grab a Pole, Win and FTD in the Castle Combe Hot Hatch Series.

So, if I’m welcome based on my “b*****d” label, I’ll happily update the thread with that’s happened since and what Eric is like to date....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, demonweeks said:

if I’m welcome based on my “b*****d” label, I’ll happily update the thread with that’s happened since and what Eric is like to date....

Haha!! I'd forgotten about this. You know all is forgiven. Was just a crappy situation.

Get posting 😉

• Like 1

One of the biggest regrets in my life was selling Eric on, it's just one of those things that had to be done at the time though.

I am however, so happy that it's had a great life as race car, so please do carry on updating this thread, Erics life story as it were..

He's still on my desktop even after all these years!

Cheers
Pete

Screenshot 2019-09-17 09.14.01.jpg

5 minutes ago, mk2 said:

Pete you have good taste. A Mk1 and a Lupo... :) (at least that's what i can make out from your pics...)

Cheers man, yeah i've still got the Mk1, though it needs a bit of work to get it back to the condition it was in that photo in 2004.

Originally i was looking to get a Lupo GTI though settled on an R32 instead lol. I'll get another Lupo one day!

Don't like R32s... heavy, cumbersome, barges, that are nothing at all like a mk1. And the engines are not that good IMO. How heavy is an R32? Something like 1.4tons i think? Comfy on a long euro cruise though. I have an old, free, poverty spec thing with that dreadful 01M gearbox. Only use it for long trips.

Go on, you know you want a gti.... Get one. That smile on a gti drivers face says it all. :)

5 hours ago, Rich said:

R32 is king!

Gimme the engine.

Seriously?! R36 maybe with direct injection (although that has some serious design issues too). I wonder if that Polish/czech company is still selling any of the factory x-demo lumps. Some with only a few hours running. We played with some of them a while back. Came to the conclusion that they run better with regular injection (into the airflow).

• 1 month later...
On 9/17/2019 at 3:46 PM, mk2 said:

Don't like R32s... heavy, cumbersome, barges, that are nothing at all like a mk1. And the engines are not that good IMO. How heavy is an R32? Something like 1.4tons i think? Comfy on a long euro cruise though. I have an old, free, poverty spec thing with that dreadful 01M gearbox. Only use it for long trips.

Go on, you know you want a gti.... Get one. That smile on a gti drivers face says it all. :)

Missed the notification for this, yeah it's heavy and slow in comparison to almost every hot hatch out there now, though at the time, it was a decent machine, and the noise, one of the best. 

one day i'll have another, perhaps even a gti..