lupo gti doors

torii

hey i've got a lupo gti, and i have to slam the doors to close them,

my bf has the same car and he tells me off for slamming his doors cos you dont have to on his car

only difference between our cars is his has done 50k and mines done 90k

Leave the other door open. if you can close it easily, there is nothing wrong, if you cant, something may need replacing/adjusting

Yeah, try this.

Maybe the seals aren't as good in your boyfriends car. I quite often have to have two goes at closing my doors, and I've had the car 3.5 years. Thought I would have gotten used to it now! :lol:

Its due to the fact that the GTi is so air tight. Non GTi models dont have such a tight boot floor trim panel as the GTi does, this is because of the rear mounted battery.

With the boot panel been as tight as it is it stops the air escaping out through the flap vents in the rear of the car. We have to take 2 goes with the GTi, the first attempt normally ending with a shout of "dam Gti"!

I have a similar problem with my gti. Is it both doors? On mine just the passenger side is poop because the doors 'dropped' and its taken all the paint off the sill, looks awful.

the bushes in the stabalizing bar maybe worn like mine did does it creak?? try making up a new bush

my passenger door creaks a bit tried greasing it up but no difference. when you say 'make' a new bush....... how???

Its due to the fact that the GTi is so air tight. Non GTi models dont have such a tight boot floor trim panel as the GTi does, this is because of the rear mounted battery.

With the boot panel been as tight as it is it stops the air escaping out through the flap vents in the rear of the car. We have to take 2 goes with the GTi, the first attempt normally ending with a shout of "dam Gti"!

haha ditto

• 1 month later...

sorry i took so long to right back i just leathed them out of plastic well its posher stuff but duno how u spell it my spelling needs working on :D sorry it stoped my doors creaking there started to wear away at one side on mine so the bushes was tapered so i just made new ones :) i hope this helps