I <3 Adrian Flux Insurance

northwick

Rang them at the weekend to inform them that I have lowered my GTI, expecting at least a modest sum to be added to my premium. The amazingly polite, knowledgeable and friendly girl on the phone went away to check and came back and said 'Thats added. Theres nothing to pay,' presumably because that non-bhp-increasing mods carry no penalty. Not bad when the whole policy was less than £300 and I'm 25.

End of brag.

Seriously though, if anyone is considering another 'what insurance company is best' post (because they won't search first, natch) its always worth ringing them for a quote because they don't appear on any comparison sites.

Edited by northwick
  • Like 1

I use to be with them for the mini and they always appeared ok to me. Well apart form having to fill out about a million pages about the car. I heard quite a few bad things about them around the time i got the sport so i took the opportunity to jump ship. I never had anything bad to say about them i just wanted to cover my ass.

If they do a multi car policy i will get a quote. I am getting quotes at the moment for the 3L but i will have to get the Sport and 3L onto a multi car so they can honour my 7 years NCB on the second car. Without any NCB i have been quoted a best price of £1300. For a 1.2tdi, the sport costs so much less fully comp. I certainly am going to get a protected no claims if that is how much i would be paying without it :lol: I have found a few companies that will do that but its just a case of shopping around and seeing who will give the best deal.

Do you get inclusive breakdown cover?

Edited by Unheard

Wooow!

Ive been trying to sort out insurance for my mum on her new Hyundai i10, so I rang Churchill (her current company) to see if they could do a decent quote!

I was put on hold 3 time for up to 15mins, cut off twice and every time I spoke to someone they gave me different prices!

The price was just ridicules as well, terrible service...

We went for swinton in the end!

I 'm with Adrian Flux aswell. You have to be 19+ to be insured with them. They only really charge on bhp mods and even then they only charge like £25, breakdown cover is include in the price aswell! My renewal is due in January and they told me to look around cause if I find a better price, they'll beat it, good times!

Hate Adrian Flux. Really crap when it comes to sort out a claim to get repairs done and and any change that they make on your policy comes with a £50 admin fee!

Had them with the Golf Mk4 due to being the best with mods etc, but the worst company ever if you ever need to make a claim!

NEVER AGAIN!

Ive only heard horrible things about trying to claim. I also found them very pricey on the phone and not that polite, like it was my fault for being young and driving a fast (ish car):lol:

I'll be switching to them next renewal.

I wouldn't if I were you. Complete and utter bunch of cock ends.

They f*cked me over big style a couple of years back and I ended up in court because of their shoddy paperwork skills.

My lupo was insured perfectly (as far as I was aware anyway) with all my modifications declared. I was hit by a vehicle and ended up in court because I wasn't 'Properly Insured' according to the Insurance company. Because of this I ended up in court for Insurance fraud and the whole reason this happened is because Flux (Worlds worst broker) didn't bother to Inform the insurance company I was with of any of my modifications.

These days I wouldn't use anyone else but Brentacre.

Edited by nfbr

I stayed away purely because of their reputation when they are 'put to test'.

I went with HIC two years ago, but will try Brentacre next time.

Edited by IDGM

I 'm with Adrian Flux aswell. You have to be 19+ to be insured with them. They only really charge on bhp mods and even then they only charge like £25, breakdown cover is include in the price aswell! My renewal is due in January and they told me to look around cause if I find a better price, they'll beat it, good times!

You don't have to be 19 in all cases, I was insured on IG16 through them when I was 18 and the price was fine too (considering).

I'm with Brentacre - far friendlier than Adrian Flux and cheaper too. Had my fair share of "issues" with Flux when I had a claim about 4 years ago.

One thing to watch out for in the small print (which I've said before, but I'll say again) is total loss cancellation clauses. Not all companies do it, but some do and could leave you horribly out of pocket.

I tried HIC, Brentacre and Adrian Flux when the renewal for the lupo was up. Engine wise it's standard, just had wheels and interior change. They all wanted around the 330 mark, which was what my renewal with Directline was anyway.

I ended up using the aa as a broker, and it turns out it's the same people underwriting the policy as were underwriting the other ones, all mods declared for 230 quid.

I'm with Adrian Flux, They did not charge me for my lowering and so on (but I thought that was due to me being old). I have also had NO problems with them. We were involved in a Head on smash with a 'joy rider' last year. They got me and my family to where we were going, and got the car to a garage to be looked at, the car war written off and I got the cheque as soon as it was confirmed that it was a write off. I WOULD RECOMMEND THEM !!!!!! :):)

I'm with Adrian Flux, They did not charge me for my lowering and so on (but I thought that was due to me being old). I have also had NO problems with them. We were involved in a Head on smash with a 'joy rider' last year. They got me and my family to where we were going, and got the car to a garage to be looked at, the car war written off and I got the cheque as soon as it was confirmed that it was a write off. I WOULD RECOMMEND THEM !!!!!! :):)

One in a Million.

I got a quote with Flux and they were cheaper, but i believe they charge you £50 every time you make a change to you're policy. So i gave Brentacre a call they first matched it and then beat it, Cant complain.

They do not charge if you are updating them with mods, they charge £10 for a big change like a car ! I do not know where you have got the £50 figure from as that is wrong.

My last note on this is each to there own, they have been good to me (so far). All insurance companies will get something wrong once in a while so far they have not put a step wrong where I am concerned. Dail Direct were 'no good' for me yet my wife thinks they are the best.

Edited by RedVillan
  • Like 1

They do not charge if you are updating them with mods, they charge £10 for a big change like a car ! I do not know where you have got the £50 figure from as that is wrong.

My last note on this is each to there own, they have been good to me (so far). All insurance companies will get something wrong once in a while so far they have not put a step wrong where I am concerned. Dail Direct were 'no good' for me yet my wife thinks they are the best.

Apologies, Brentacre said this, they didn't say that it was to add a modification but changes to the policy.

Im with Monsieur Flux this year, no complaints from me. Very friendly service and with absolutely everything declaired its £314 per month, happy with that ish.

Did you just say £314/month? Really?

Didn't realise this would stir up such vitriol to be honest! It certainly wasn't the intention. I hope I don't 'need' them so I never have to find out. I'll give Brentacre a call next year too.

Jon