Supercharged

olzx

Thinking about getting my gti supercharged, how much am I roughly looking at and where can this be done?saw a green one at mk cruise but the lad is never there so I can't ask him, are you on here mate? Cheers guys.

And then when you keep up with the supra, even edging on passing it.... the picture of his face is worth the 5k

Green one? There isnt a green one, unless you mean the greenish yellow one with matching geeen/cream interior? - thats paulbin's.

To be honest, depending on what you want to do and what power you want will decide that price.

"And then when you keep up with the supra, even edging on passing it.... the picture of his face is worth the 5k"

haha il second that!

yeah i mean the greeny yellow one mate, umm looking for about 200bhp?

Yeah thats paulbins.

200bhp is acheivable, but i personally dont know how long it will last on standard internals. AndyP's is on standard internals and was a fresh rebuild, and has done like 5000 miles. But we still dont know acuatly what power its putting out. Thinking it could be in the 180-200 region.

Mine was 227bhp before i started playing with intake temperatures, I saw 236bhp a few months ago before i has issues and changed the map. But than again, ive spent alot more than 5k on it.

To be honest, other than aw tracksport who will do it for ~5k and you supply the charger, i dont know anyone else who will take on the job. Personally its beed a perfect 12 month project for me! and its still not done!

john

if i come into money id love to do this, i just love the noise, id only really want 160bhp maybe 170. That would be bad as fooook.

there is a superchaarged lupo for sale on pistonheads..... just by that....

plus i would love to see a lupo edge out past a supra when max speed of lupo is 135 on standard gti 6speed box when a supra will do that in easy and about 30mph on stardard lol

supercharded lupo with 180 bhp have been clocked and santa pod at 15.1 seconds (cupra will do that)

Edited by Gauntey

but you also have to take in the account that they are both completley diff engine sizes.. a lupo vs a supra is never realistically going to be a fair drag race on a strip.. the 1.8t conversions have been fine with running over 190 brake, it was only venoms old green one that had issues although that was running 300 brake+

Edited by andyp

also id be aware that anything over 180 bhp to front wheels is going to cause serious torque steer..... and handling issues.... just incase you are not aware of this factor.

Fully aware of that mate.... I do have 230bhp myself.

And to be honest, no the torque steer is not serious. Its definatly there and you can feel it, but its more than controlable. The lupo gti chassis was originally designed to house a 1.9t am i not correct when it was a concept?

The car handles the power alot better than you would think, all this torque steer hype comes form people who havent got a powerful lupo. The guys who do have them will tell you different.

Completly off subject here but.. How many supercharged Lupo gti's are there in the UK compared to the number of supras? I think youl find its in the ratio of about 2:5000 or something like that. In the end of the day, with the money i have spent, i coudl have gone and bought a 500bhp RX7. But i didnt, purely becasue i like the car i have and i wanted it to be unique... only one in the UK, europe and probably the world is quite unique wouldnt you think?

i totally understand and im aware you have power, but in relation to the thread starter, he asked about price meaning he looking into doing the conversion, so i gather he prob wasn't aware of the "side effects" of boosting an engine.

I had my delsol turbo charged and was one of the first in my area to have a charged delsol and honda.... after i did it i wrote a thread of what i did etc loads of civics etc all started to get charged and i wasn't unique anymore :( but on the plus side i did strip the turbo off mine and sold with a ready mapped ecu for 2k when the set up only cost me 800 in parts lol so i made a profit from the hype :D

but then i kinda lost the bug of having a sleeper and got more into having something that actually turns every ones head when you drive down the high street instead of a car that only turn the head of the person you left at lights.

my sol was 210 bhp at the wheels and it turque steered like a bitch.... this might be different with a supercharger as you dont get the suddern rush of power... how ever my friend had a mini cooper s which he tuned and was running 250bhp and that torque steering just as bad.

Please also be aware that when you add a supercharger or turbo you need to service your car more often.... 3000 miles like a you need to with evos and sti's

Edited by Gauntey

Haha yes i agree the keeping up with the supra.... the picture of his face is worth the 5k!!

I was looking at getting that yellow supercharged loop but it had gone :(

Wouldnt mind doing it to my new car when i get it but just having the money trees to do it! :P