What's the biggest bill you've had at a garage?

Putney

Just been surfing autotrader.... found a bmw Z4 with a claimed £2500 inspection from BMW.... Crazy!

£850 Car.... Clutch and service

£750 Bike.... also Clutch and some other bits and bobs fitted...

all in all my bills have been really low on all my cars over the years...

Edited by Putney

Not had a massivly expensive bill, but £400 was hefty for Lupo cylinder head strip down. Also VW service for mk mk4 estimated work @ £1500

I can now say cheapest bill tho! £10! And by Kwik Fit too, onion barry barjin

my flat mate just had a £1200 bill on his TT.... he bought it for £6500 and when he took it to audi he got a massive bill... the dash clocks needed replacing £750!

Easy to rack up big bills at main dealers just replacing parts rather than fixing problems. Tires and brakes could add £1800 to a z4 service if a dealer did them. My biggest bill has only been £450 for service and brakes on my s2000. Next inspection 1 should only be £250 or so at bmw.

Common fault on TT's. Get him to ring up CS and get the money back!!

Audi Customer service will only foot the bill if it has a full Audi Dealership service history with every I dotted and every T crossed.

thats what he found.... the fault with his was the fuel gauge... only audi can programme the clocks so it had to be done by them.... luckily the car was from some dodgey 2nd hand car dealer in essex that agreed to pay for the clocks and faults.... the dealer has paid some of the money for the work.... so far... not sure if he has paid the rest yet...

Biggest bill ive had was £816 from VW for my MK4 Golf. That was for a new rear beam with all the bit that go on it, a new wheel and tyre plus labour of course. The car was only 3 or 4 weeks old when I was showing off in a carpark and hit a curb at about 40 mph sideways. That was my alloy wheel fund gone...lol

Biggest bill ive had was £816 from VW for my MK4 Golf. That was for a new rear beam with all the bit that go on it, a new wheel and tyre plus labour of course. The car was only 3 or 4 weeks old when I was showing off in a carpark and hit a curb at about 40 mph sideways. That was my alloy wheel fund gone...lol

lol

that reminds me...i totally forgot i dinged my last car driving too fast on wet roads...same thing happened but i went into kerb backwards! new wheel, new tyre new upper lower arms... it was a tad more than that though! i payed for it out of my own pocket without getting the insurance involved!

I got a free bum poke too tho

Did you?

Hahahah, is that what the guy means on the TV ad when they say they can do other things lol. Besides my folks own the tyre company which would make a bum poke exceptionally wrong and morally distorted lol

Kudos on the bum poke though!

£4500 when I picked up the Lupo after having the throttle bodies and management fitted.

£3500 when I picked up my old mini after having a full race engine fitted.

£1200 for a new oil cooler on the Lotus and a service.

For some really scary bills pop over to the TVR forums where owners of speed 6 powered cars often have £8000+ engine rebuilds...to think I was going to buy a TVR instead of the Elise...it was a decision that could have gone either way on the day.

Had my gti serviced last month to the tune of 700 english pounds. Cambelt change included, turned out i had a significant oil leak, cambox seal had gone. Wasnt best pleased.