new cams ??

lenny

If your coming form the big bodykit brigade, do you know why you would like cams and what duration your wanting to suit the cars engine and the way it will be driven?

If your coming form the big bodykit brigade, do you know why you would like cams and what duration your wanting to suit the cars engine and the way it will be driven?

and no im not coming from the big bodykit brigade and am not sure of the duration as i dont really know much about it and a would like performance cams as i am planning on going onto the 1/4 mile at crail so i want do the cams ecu and a good remmapp

and no im not coming from the big bodykit brigade and am not sure of the duration as i dont really know much about it and a would like performance cams as i am planning on going onto the 1/4 mile at crail so i want do the cams ecu and a good remmapp

Kill me now, please

Ok then if your wanting them how much are you expecting to pay ?

i havent got a clue tbh 1st time iv really thought about doing the cams and for the record a dont really no much about tuning engines so its all new 2 me im guessing its gonna b expensive

Edited by lenny

Stop grilling the kid. Unless you've something constructive just leave it.

grilling , no.

Being realistic , yes.

He doest know why he really wants cams , what they do or what he wants them to do.

He wants an ecu and a remapp, why?

He is asking questions without one bit of research, or attempt at gaining a bit of knowledge to what is needed and what money he will have to blow.

Edited by scotty_82

The starting point is always budget. How much do you have to spend and what's been done to the car (engine wise) already?

Even the cost of basic breathing mods adds up quickly, and I'd look into them before cams. Induction, exhaust, manifold, sports cat.

What duration and lift you go for depends on lots of things. Are you going to budget for head work, as to get the best out of the cams the head should be worked and the manifold matched to the head...For that cash you may as well do what the poster above says and drop another lump in IMO

Edited by richie.guy

yeah i was wanting a gti or a gti engine but a can afford 2 insure it the cheapest qote i got was £6.000 then i got a qote of £23.000 lol :lol::lol:

You've still not said what your budget was.

I'd also check how much it is to insure a modded 1.4 vs. a standard Gti as you maybe suprised.

Ditto the above. £500 wouldn't even get you a decent exhaust/induction setup.

Backbox, filter and map maybe do able for £500. Whether or not it's worth it I don't know, 1.4's aren't my thing.

ok what about a remapp of the 1.4 s as it now

my schrick cams cost £650 alone then theres fitting on top which isnt a five minute job then theres uprated valve springs and mapping your looking at £1000+. cams aint an instant boost of power like a turbo or charger they just allow the power to stay for longer further up the rev range

my schrick cams cost £650 alone then theres fitting on top which isnt a five minute job then theres uprated valve springs and mapping your looking at £1000+. cams aint an instant boost of power like a turbo or charger they just allow the power to stay for longer further up the rev range

aww ok thats a lot of money am just looking for somthing to make the car faster have you got a turbo or charger on yours ??

Edited by lenny

aww ok thats a lot of money am just looking for somthing to make the car faster have you got a turbo or charger on yours ??

mine has a full gti conversion mate