Insurance Renewal

Alex_225

Anyone notice how insurance renewals are always more expensive than they should be?

I got my renewal through for my Sport and it was £450, yet last year it was only £350.

So I went on my insurers own web site, did an online quote and got it for about £250. So called them up and they matched it. They really do take the p!ss hoping you'll just renew rather than hunt round and take more money than they should off you.

In fact I put the yearly mileage on my policy up and it was still cheaper! :lol:

Tell me about it, Im going to sort it on payday, Brentacre are the best for me though, slightly more than on the comparison sites but the £100 extra is wort being completely legal and covering all mods IMO.

Go on elephant, I bet they can save you at least another £100 off £940.

Do it directly and add a named driver over 35+ doesn't matter who it is as long as they have nothing to hide. My mums on mine as a named driver, basically just in case I can't drive or leave my car (tend to break a few bones playing rugby :lol: ) shes able to drive FC which is a good piece of mind

They saved my loads . . . . .

It does wind me up that they charge so much at renewal, but loads of people don't bother phoning round and let them take it automatically. My sisters boyfriend was complaining about paying for insurance, and then said he stays with the same company as they were the cheapest for his previous car and they continue the policy automatically so it saves him phoning round. :wacko: He said he knows he could save a few quid but it's not worth the hassle. Bet he's paying hundreds more than he has to.

My twin sister did the same, she has 2 more years no claims than me and drives a Ka, and just paid more for her insurance than I do on the Lupo all mods declared! Just because she forgot to tell them she didn't want to continue her policy and have a phone round.

Daft.

Edited by Philplop

Do it directly and add a named driver over 35+ doesn't matter who it is as long as they have nothing to hide. My mums on mine as a named driver, basically just in case I can't drive or leave my car (tend to break a few bones playing rugby :lol: ) shes able to drive FC which is a good piece of mind

Don't even need someone over 35 to be honest mate although I've no doubt it helps even more. I added my missus to both my insurance policies, she's 25, I'm 27 and she knocked about £100 off both. ;)

I was a named driver until I was 24 so only have 3 official years of no claims although no prior claims and I get my Lupo for £250 and my Megane for £600. The Megane is group 17 so not bad all round really. :)

Insurers rely on customer apathy. Always look around and always use at least two price comparison sites.

Norwich Union had been cheapest for me over the last four years. This time (and for our home and travel cover) they went up dramatically for no reason. They have now lost all our business.

...basically just in case I can't drive or leave my car (tend to break a few bones playing rugby :lol: ) shes able to drive FC which is a good piece of mind...

That's a class idea. I had to drive home from North Wales with a broken collar bone once!

She scares me too.

Oh, and I only specified she was my twin to let you know we were the same age, for insurance price purposes. :)

Beat that! :lol:

It was a rhetorical question! :P

I didn't go straight to hospital, I met my mates half way home for a bit, had some tea, went to show my girlfriend my pokey bone ( :o ) then went to hospital, where I waited for a couple of hours, to have a nice man say "Yes, it's broken, Goodbye".

It's healed now but it pokes right out, and it still hurts occasionally, even though it was nigh on two years ago.