e-UP! Concept revealed at Frankfurt Auto Show '09

Blue Loop

It's pretty much certain that this will be the new Lupo - see the previous threads on here about it.

What interests me about this concept is that fact that some of the detailing has been changed and is now much more production ready

- front light clusters

- rear clusters are now traditional and not behind the glass

- steering wheel

- dash, door cards and centre console

- the bonnet has developed an ncap "buldge"

- i can't see how think the seats are, but even the cushion fabric looks production-ready

It all, to me, points to a car that's under active development.

Edited by dxg

Well seeing as the E stands for electric and it has a bloody big solar panel on the roof i would say yes :lol:

19-vw-e-up-live.jpg

Translated text using google translate

Yesterday afternoon I already ahead all the little mechanical details and-up! Concept. With this Volkswagen model shows us his true intentions in the world of electrical and, viewed in the format presented, also entering the urban segment of the batteries.

With a length of just 3.19 meters, the small e-up! Concept has a lot of prototype but also reality. At least they should mark their lines will look conventional versions of the street that will have both marketed by VW as its Skoda and Seat cousins once they are released in mid of next year.

The proposed plant is quite interesting and presents solutions as a quick-charge system in just one hour will have 80% of the batteries recharged, though that yes, if you've connected to a specific tower higher wattage. In the garage with conventional 230v, will require about five hours. VW say in recharging the vehicle at night and also take advantage of nightly rate, we will e-up! ready in the morning to go to the office.

With a range of 130 km is assumed that that would be more useful for a vast majority in conventional traveling to work. Another point in favor are its benefits, as though we are living in outlying areas, the 130 km / h speed limit will not limit their use to the city streets.

As i see it electric really is not the way forward well as long as you rely on batteries and the current national grid infastructure. We are already set to have

blackouts so pluging your car in is only going to stress the system even more.

Compressed air is the way forward for this country, you can convert normal fuel stations over to supply air. There would not be much change needed to the

current infastructure. Getting wind turbines to pump air into air storage tanks also bypasses the need for a way of storing electricity that is hugely costly

and has a very limited life.

Edited by Unheard

I am going to just speak my mind here and to be honest i like that car more than the Lupo, i don't know why and everyone who has posted so far will hate me, but i think it looks awesome, plus anything is going to be better than the fox that this will no doubt replace, there we go i said it lol, let the controversy commence.

Cheers, James

I like and i don't like!

bonet looks like it's off a beatle!

headlights are sexy

front badge looks like an after thought!

looks like its got a flat ass! needs some curves!

Also interior is too plane and cheap looking!

Edited by dj_lupz

I love it, its original and much better than the disaster fox. It might look like bits of aygo's and citroens but being German it has one thing they dont...Build Quality!

Cant wait for some tuners to have a dabble!