Top Mounts

front top mounts are

6n0 412 331 a

don't forget the bearing underneath

1j0 412 249

rear rubber mounts are

6x0 512 335 x 4

don't do what I did and only get 2! lol!!

Hi

I have just gone thru the drama of suspension bits ... and i purchased the following:

Front:

VKDA35111 x2 - front mounts & bearings - Central Auto Supplies ( local factor) @ 11.25 inc VAT each

1h0412303B Rubber stops ( mine were disintegrated!)

N10174002 + N90323704 x4 each ... Bolds & Nuts holding the front leg ..totalled about 16 quid BUT mine were threaded & distorted!

Rear:

6x0512131A x2 rubber stops ( mine were disintegrating & broken up!) @ 8.48 + vat each

191512119 x2 ring ( washer - rusty!)@ 1.49 +vat each

6x0512335 x4 rubber donuts for rear shocks ( squashed up!)@79p + vat each

1j0512149 x2 rubber bung - top of rear spring ( might as well!)@2.58 + vat each

357512147 x2 metal cup at top of rear shock ( rusty)@4.16 + vat each

The above were for my Sport 16V ... obviously its best to ask your stealer to look up the bits appropriate to the car !!

Yes, all of the above does add up !!

However in my case they were in need of replacement ... i guess the condition of the rubber bushes etc will reflect on the handling & the longevity of the main suspension components ... if a jobs worth doing .... dib dib dib

Hopefully going to get the coilovers on this weekend. I think that I'll replace the top mounts too to prevent any creaking or knocking but I can't work out what bits I need. Can anyone help using the diagrams below.

Front:

407100.png

Rear:

511100.png

Thank you!

I have bought and fitted new rear top mounts. I just fitted them straight away without greaseing them up. It still bangs from the back.

When I get some time i'll whip them off again and grease them up and see if that lasts.