Is this what I think it is?

Hi everyone,

Yesterday when my brother was driving our Lupo, the exhaust noise changed. It's become very low, and rumbly, and more bassy and deeper. It must be something to do with the exhaust, and I've had a quick look and it has quite a few rusty patches, all over the exhaust system. I think it's at the back box that the noise is loudest. I don't have any way of lifting the car so I can't tell exactly where it is.

So I presume it'll be a trip to the garage followed by a bill for a new exhaust part? I'm after some more information on what it could be just so I'm not clueless to the men at the garage. They might try to sell me a whole exhaust or something. Is there anything I can do to identify the problem?

And is it likely to be a big garage bill?

Sorry for my naiveness :D

Thanks for any advice!

Sounds like it might just be blowing because theres a hole in it somewhere. If thats all it is then it wont cost much to repair. Mine is doing the same at the minute but il be replacing my whole system with a Bastuck system soon anyway so im not too fussed :)