OEM+, Euro, Clean, Chav'd, Kev

DarkStryder360

and i think we need to ban the term euro ?

Ban it, and then change the word filter so it appears as Eu-Mania.

Euro = Clean Scene

Just... no.

For me, the 'Euro' cars are stuff like the Dutch and Belgian cars that appeared at Ed38. The 'Clean Scene' is this term the Eu-Mania kids have came up with, to associate their cars with what the MIVW and Club Charly's guys drive is nothing but insulting to the European guys.

Ok, being sensible. Here are the definitions from the IDGMipedia jury.

Ok, being sensible. Here are the definitions from the IDGMipedia jury.

OEM As the car was bought.

OEM+ As the car was bought with the addition of trim/trinkets from the higher spec models (ie the one you wish you'd bought in the first place) or from other model from the same manufacturer. This approach can be applied to any car, but be warned. Scene points are lost if you add parts from vehicles from the same group. For example, fitting Daewoo wheels to your Vauxhall Monaro VXR may be OEM+, but it looks sh*te. OEM+ also applies to part fitted from an OEM supplier, but never saw the light of day in the options list.

Euro As the term suggests, the Euro style originated on mainland Europe and was bourne out of the restrictions on engine tuning. It began with outlandish bodystyling, wheels, suspension and paint work.

Cleaned A look made famous predominantly in the Flemish countries. Removal of superfluous trim, smoothing of lines coupled with OEM paint and lowered suspension. Very popular throughout Europe and now largely absorbed into one big blob with Euro.

Chav A term used by people in Scenes to describe cars modified below their standards or expectations. Large exhausts, ineffective air intakes, wheels that aren't whore enough are all modifications applied to Chav cars. Chav brands include Ford, Peugeot, Citroen and Vauxhall; essentially anything that isn't VAG or Porsche.

Rat An ironic take on the old 'barn find' styled hot rods from the USA applied to modern cars. Can be taken too far e.g. by putting the contents of your shed on the roof of a rusty VW Polo.

Edited by IDGM

Hmm! i HATE it when people say "Euro"

or join up on forums saying, "How can i make my car Euro"

I think of my car being "modified" no brand name/style etc, its just a hobby which i enjoy and do what i want,

Alot of our cars on here people probably look at and call "chav" tbf who care, there probably driving round in their company cars and get a buz out of playing golf,

Rich,

Hmm! i HATE it when people say "Euro"

or join up on forums saying, "How can i make my car Euro"

I think of my car being "modified" no brand name/style etc, its just a hobby which i enjoy and do what i want,

Alot of our cars on here people probably look at and call "chav" tbf who care, there probably driving round in their company cars and get a buz out of playing golf,

Rich,

Well put fella :)

Sensible comments like that make you emo though! :rolleyes:

Well put fella :)

Sensible comments like that make you emo though! :rolleyes:

No I didnt say made YOU emo. Emos say it when they hate being called emo, they come out with some speech about how everyones unique.

I disagree mind. Theres a style for everything. Something to aim for.

• 2 weeks later...

am sorry but that comment about staffis is rather pathetic, its narrow minded people like you tht get on my tits, how is it a chavvy dog, they are well know for been the most loving dogs you can own, they are very loyal, they are people dogs, would a chav walkin a pug make that a chavvy dog? no it wouldnt so why would a chav walking a staffi make it a chav dog? stop sterio typing people and things and grow up

a car is only chavvy if a ''chav'' is driving it, but tbh who cares? he likes it let him be, he will probz look alot of us vw owners and think oooh faggots, college boys, emos, moshers and the usual crap that people with actual style and sence get off those sorts or people, so why be as bad as them and do it back?

and tbh IMO euro style is only ever truely and well carried out on VAG cars, the likes of peugeot, citroen, honda ect would be cleaned if you ask me, and imo euro is about very subtle mods, that to the untrained eye wont really be noticable, very low with a mad lux interior, rare as hell wheels that are usually small and very wide with some camber thrown in for good measure, but again i have the deluded idea of euro when its actually anything from ott bodykits and chrome bling bling every were to what i have just described lol

rant over, come on then people lets see how much abuse i can get for this reply woooooooooooooooooooooop

or in a mad twist see who agrees with me hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Edited by TomStevo

nothing really means what it was originally after it becomes popular,

becuase the more popular things become the more diluted and mixed it becomes so far to the point it really doesnt even relate to what it was originally

so branding things with tags doesnt really makes much sense as these tags are outdated

this applies to most things in life to be fair

well in my opinion tinkerin with ya car is to make it personal! its like buyin a house, u move in, put your stuff where ya want it and decorate it the way you like it! i buy my car, put bits on it that I like and "decorate" it how I like it! im not worried what other people think coz its my car. it confuses me why people always have to put things into categories and groups because these are all of our individual projects, which should be done how we like them, not how we think everyone else will like them! just my opinion anyways lol :wub:

Must try harder on the chav-ness :P

I'm thinking 3 spokes with MASSIVE brakes behind them?

So me putting huge 6 pot GT2 brakes on my TT makes me a chav, oh well proud to be one then :rolleyes::lol:

:huh:

I'll leave my sense of humour behind when I post on here. It was a joke.

Sorry Liam, I will settle back in soon :D

3 Spokes are all horrid tho :P

Edited by Bikerz

3 spoke wheels are a matter of taste, if the right wheels came along I would do it.

I'd like to see how many followed, or minds would change, if one of the "scene queens" turned up at Edition next year with a set of polished 3 spokes.

:)

3 spoke wheels are a matter of taste, if the right wheels came along I would do it.

I'd like to see how many followed, or minds would change, if one of the "scene queens" turned up at Edition next year with a set of polished 3 spokes.

:)

get some viper R/T10 ones

• 2 weeks later...

Im so euro even my penis is smoothed. as dj lupz says, if in doubt smooth it out, i agreee. euro rules, i dont care what anyone else says, i know best and my opinion matters most, cos thats my opinion and it matters most. so ha.

I don't get the British interpretation of euro look. From what I have seen with European VWs it's pretty much anything goes there is no definitive stile

In fact there appears to be lots of cars with body kits and what we would class as chav.

^ EXACTLY!

Euro is not what people over here consider to be "Euro"

Belgium's Idea of Euro:

VW-model-190.jpg

VW-Golf-99245.jpg

Pay particular attention to the stuff in the background.

It's F*cked up, Even to the point that the "American Ricer boys" call Lexus lights "Euro Tails"

Edited by nfbr
  • Like 2