Mini Coupe

sam bignell

I like this . . . .

mini%20coupe_12-L.jpg

mini%20coupe_7-L.jpg

Little bit of information . .

the Concept is a Mini Cooper JCW, meaning a power output of 208bhp and 192lb ft of torque, with 206lb ft available on overboost. A production version could run even more performance-focused mechanicals, but the lightweight roof and much lower centre of gravity mean that the Mini Coupe would be a pretty agile machine even with running gear and suspension identical to the JCW

Thoughts?

Sam

Edited by sam bignell

I wonder if anyone has put one of the new PSA Cooper S engines in a Citroen C2 yet.

The coupé has a look of the Citroen DS3 about it, although that car is the lovely person son of a MINI and a Fiesta.

3464554255_c0c0222a2a.jpg

It's not a proper mini!

I'll get over it :rolleyes:

I prefer the new minis to the old. Old ones are too common. People who drive the old ones are so up themselves about how new cars are ****, and new minis are a blot on humanity. STFU&GTFO

Hoorah for common sense!

at the end of the day mini is just like any other brand of car these days.

who can blame them for developing further a historically successful brand name.

I drive a cooper s at the mo, and all the "its not a proper mini" talk is rubbish, its still a small car, just only small by todays standard. i know which one id rather have a crash in! :lol:

the coupe looks awesome!! its the quirkiness i like about the designs BMW are churning out over the normal hatchbacks. I still love the clubman and i really dont know why because its ugly as hell!! :lol:

at the end of the day mini is just like any other brand of car these days.

who can blame them for developing further a historically successful brand name.

I drive a cooper s at the mo, and all the "its not a proper mini" talk is rubbish, its still a small car, just only small by todays standard. i know which one id rather have a crash in! :lol:

the coupe looks awesome!! its the quirkiness i like about the designs BMW are churning out over the normal hatchbacks. I still love the clubman and i really dont know why because its ugly as hell!! :lol:

I like the Clubman, just because its different! I wanted them to release the Picnic version when I saw concepts!

mini_concept_clubman_car.jpg

4724_25100561625.jpg

4724_25100562146.jpg

Bit stereotypically offensive but who cares! lol

I prefer the new minis to the old. Old ones are too common. People who drive the old ones are so up themselves about how new cars are ****, and new minis are a blot on humanity. STFU&GTFO

Just re-read this... Old minis are too common?!

Me too. For all you die-hard fans, here's a Mini earlier today. It's a super rare Radford Mini Cooper, the advert states 'needs TLC but not the usual rubbish'.

80365870.uVdQYoK8.06Bowser2.jpg

Edited by IDGM

Yes too common. See them all the time. Every time somebody does something to it its always the same, hardly ever looks different to the next mini. Limited amount of styling done on them. Can imagine a Mini show would be the dullest show of my life. My opinion on old Minis, ladies and gentlemen.

Yes too common. See them all the time. Every time somebody does something to it its always the same, hardly ever looks different to the next mini. Limited amount of styling done on them. Can imagine a Mini show would be the dullest show of my life. My opinion on old Minis, ladies and gentlemen.

Sorry, But I would really love to learn where you live as it must be a classic car hotspot. I see about 50 new Mini's to every old one :/ Also, New Mini's aren't exactly mini either,

The new Mini Dimensions are (LxWxH) 3699 x 1683 x 1407 mm

The old Mini dimensions are (LxWxH) 3005 x 1401 x 1350

That is a Huge amount of difference, and makes the new mini unworthy of the Mini name in my opinion :).

Also, Imo the 'Coupe' is ugly.

MINI is just a name. It sells. Who cares if the car is a bit bigger than the Issigonis Mini.

I drive a Fiesta. It's hardly a 24hr Mardi Gras on my way to and from work.

MINI is just a name. It sells. Who cares if the car is a bit bigger than the Issigonis Mini.

exactly. plus its still not a big car!! :lol:

Sorry, But I would really love to learn where you live as it must be a classic car hotspot. I see about 50 new Mini's to every old one :/ Also, New Mini's aren't exactly mini either,

The new Mini Dimensions are (LxWxH) 3699 x 1683 x 1407 mm

The old Mini dimensions are (LxWxH) 3005 x 1401 x 1350

That is a Huge amount of difference, and makes the new mini unworthy of the Mini name in my opinion :).

Also, Imo the 'Coupe' is ugly.

Ha a "true" Mini fan! All I am saying it, you can make a new Mini look much more unique than the old Mini without ruining it.

For Example, someone here trys to think outside the box, and looks ruddy fugly:

PistonHeads Clicky

I'm just not a fan of how classic car fans treat newer cars as scum. I go to ALOT of South West VW meets, and weekend shows, and the looks me and my mate get, and the comments piss me off so frickin' much. Calling us boyracers, chavs, that we shouldnt be allowed here with these "aircoolers". Looks of disgust, saying its not a real VW. Its pathetic. I hate classic car fans. And this is why I rant about the old Mini, and its fans. Get a grip.

QFT

Back on track . . . .

I'd happy PX my Lupo if the coupe has the performance quoted!

It's alot different to most coupes on the market in this price range. To be honest the market is flooded with the Hyundai coupes which i think look and feel like there a few years out of date even before they hit the streets

Sam