Marcus's Sport - SOLD..... New A3

marcusgrant

My new red sport biggrin.gif

Wanted on for years now, and now i finally have one!... well i collect it sometime this week anyway

It a 2001 plate red sport, which seems to be in good condition. It was previously owned by someone on here for the last two years.

The pictures below are the ones of the auto trader... I'll get some more up when i collect it biggrin.gif

Autotrader.jpg

Autotrader1.jpg

The plans.... Well basically spend all the spare cash i have left in the month after partying on making it into a car that i really enjoy, and love the look of.... with the hope that you kind people will also like it smile.gif

First job is to get the paint looking as fresh as possible then I'll take it from there...

Edited by marcusgrant

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... its home :D The worst weather driving home along the M40, which is not lit. No fun at all. Its was pretty fun pulling of the round about in 2nd though!

The first plan is to get the paint nice and shinney and get the little bits sorted so its perfect. Then, who knows!! Too many ideas at the moment.

Think I will be coming down to E38 on Sunday, be an oportunity to meet some people on here :)

Thought i would put a few pictures up of it the day after i got it..

SL374571.jpg

SL374572.jpg

Then i removed the rear 'sport' badge from halfords that had been stuck on..

SL374576.jpg

THEN on my way to work the second day after i got it i hit a fat phesant :@ really annoying, going to cost a fair bit to fix.

SL374577.jpg

Thats wounding mate. Phucking Pheasants eh?

Mate, they are true idiots!... Country roads for ya. Bit annoying but its booked in to have it sorted. Having the bonnet sprayed aswell to get rid of stone chips and a bit of laqure peel.

• 4 weeks later...

Small up date...

Got the car back today from the bodyshop after the pheasant incident. Had a new grill and grill surround, also had the bonnet resprayed and it was so badly stonechiped and had lacquer peel. Pretty pleased with the results :)

Also removed the 16v badge from the rear and de-wipered. Only little things at the moment, just smartening it up.

Near future plans are a big service with cambelt change etc, legal pressed plates and then sort the audio out.

Few photos...

SL375151.jpg

SL375152.jpg

SL375155.jpg

what the bonnet was like....

SL374574.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Ah, GTi interior should be excellent, i'm suprised you didn't look to get anything done to the front whilst you were going to the effort of getting it all replaced/resprayed.

Haha sorry mate.

All the seats are in and door cards, except on the passenger side.. it was too hard working in the dark and dropping screws and things on gravel is a nightmare in the dark! I'll wack some photos up when its all fitted and looking nice :)

Not too sure on the next plans to be honest fella! Still need to get some new componants up front, maybe a sub... hopefully with a Gamma H/U to keep the oem look. That should be the interior done, well except retrimmed head liner and GTI handles and sunvisors etc.

Haven't decided how much I want to spend on the outside, which is why I dont what to do yet! Haha, so many ideas. Part of me wants a full respay in original colour with a bit of smoothing here and there.. then the sensible side of me just wants to put starlites and coilovers on.

Who knows :rolleyes: not much else will be happening till the new year now though

Fecking money ey :rolleyes:

Well i look forward to any plans, keep it simple unless you're willing to get far to into it, i've saved so i can start a proper Lupo project. The bug has got me!

If you're looking for OEM+, Becker HU's are the way to go, i've got mine, and i'm thinking of getting another that i've seen for sale cheap, they're THAT good.

eyyy money!!

It will definitely remain simple :) I want people to look at it, even if they know nothing about cars and just think that it looks good.

Haaha the bug, I look forward to seeing your progress thread man. Wish i had the cash from something like that.

I'll check them out then :)