aux not working?

ermmurray

i have the aux input in my glovebox and have been using it very happily for the last year.....

i had a service the other day so i took my sub and parcel shelf speakers out so they didnt get in the way or cause any warranty void-ation

i have now put them back in and added an extra set of speakers to the back (where the doors would be) so i now have the normal speakers + sub + parcel shelfs + rear door speakers.

the problem is, now, when i press the 'CD' button (which is what i did before to turn on the aux input) it only says 'NO CD', even if i press it twice it seems to have forgotten that it has an aux input..

can anyone tell me why this could be? and what i can do about it?...

cheers in advance..

Ed

Edit: also when i hold down the settings knob it used to display gala and aux volume.. now it just says gala :( whats going on?

Edited by ermmurray

only thing i can think of is that you forgot to plug your aux connector in lol.... not 100% sure if it is another connector but can you double check if there is a lose wire you haven't connected? :S

on a side note, have you got your rear door speakers connected to head unit or powered from amp that powers your parcel shelf/sub or a separate amp?

keep pressing the setting button, it'll take you through the various options in there till you get to the beginning - to get out of gala mode

Edited by Noonoo

only thing i can think of is that you forgot to plug your aux connector in lol.... not 100% sure if it is another connector but can you double check if there is a lose wire you haven't connected? :S

on a side note, have you got your rear door speakers connected to head unit or powered from amp that powers your parcel shelf/sub or a separate amp?

I've tried it plugged in and playing music.. its really puzzling me.. does anyone thing it could be anything to do with vw plugging in their computers for service?

and haha no.. i have the parcel shelfs and rear doors both splitting from the rear speaker wires..

keep pressing the setting button, it'll take you through the various options in there till you get to the beginning - to get out of gala mode

ive tried that.. it used to have gala and then when pressed again it would do the aux volume but now its just gala...:(

No they'd plug it in somewhere else not through the stereo.

Saying that on my Polo they plug it in through the port under the ashtray but there's no ashtray in the Fox so don't know where the port is. But it would look like a scart connection not an aux connection.

No they'd plug it in somewhere else not through the stereo.

Saying that on my Polo they plug it in through the port under the ashtray but there's no ashtray in the Fox so don't know where the port is. But it would look like a scart connection not an aux connection.

no i mean when they plug it into the car (the 'scart' input for the computer if i remember correctly is to the right hand side of the steering column there is a plastic panel that comes off..) it may have reset the cd player back to a software update before the aux was introduced to it? its really annoying me not being able to listen to my ipod... especially as i am in my car so much....