House renovation pics.

Tigz™

..does dial up still exist?

We had a water pipe burst... so we decided the time had come to rebuild the house! lol

Been living home along these past few weeks living in dirt :huh:

IMG_5687.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

The Pipe that was leaking.

IMG_5698.jpg

Lots of mess and two floor joists later..

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_5691.jpg

IMG_5692.jpg

IMG_5694.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Ceiling :)

IMG_5733.jpg

IMG_5734.jpg

IMG_5736.jpg

Floor.

IMG_5738.jpg

And what has to be the greatest shower mixer I've ever seen, bargain at £90 at auction!

IMG_5740.jpg

IMG_5741.jpg

And the shower base finished :D

IMG_6119.jpg

IMG_6120.jpg

IMG_6122.jpg

IMG_6123.jpg

Still got all the rails, holders, mirrors and the rest of the shiny stuff to put on, but there's more important things to finish yet :lol:

The annoying thing is Id just taken new insurance 3 days before so I couldn't really claim.

After we'd done the work we got a letter from Yorkshire water informing us our 6 months free water and drainage insurance was up and asking if we wanted to make a payment :lol:

Couldn't have done it without the massive amounts of help from the wifes Dad :)

you deserve alot of credit like, i know its blumign hard work. i did alot of flood restoration 2 year ago when like the whole country was flooded, its hard work turning some thats like scrap back to livable!

fair play!

to right was lol... was only 15 nal. 12 hour shifts 7 days aweek, some days did nearly 20. was proper hard graft, was pretty upsetting nal seeing familys with young kids walkin in water in there lviing room and that and like all havin live upstairs or in rented housing.

Yeah, I went to take some photos at a posh and poor side of Doncaster to see the contrast.

The Posh side with their insurance and hotel rooms were all stood on the canal pank that had caused it laughing and joing with three pumps try to get rid of the water.

The Poor side looking worried knowing its gonna be a long, cold.. erm.. summer.

yeah, i worked in scotland and nroth east mainly. i wasnt allowed to like hull readin and yorkshire area cause of my age and the health risks involved, im quite happy about that i seen some the pictures of fellow workers had done. mind you there was some pretty bad places in scotland, contents of a swimming pool in peoples downstairs and stuff. bad crack realy

Good work! Nice to see that i'm not the only one that has had their bathroom flood lately. Mine is directly above the kitchen and the ceiling decided to give way about 1am one night after what must have been a slow build up over some time. I must say artex can hold alot of water! Long story short thanks to insurance eventually all is pretty much back to normal apart from a few tiles i need to finish off and no more artex. These things are sent to test us. keep up the good work ;)

Nice tiling B) I think it's one of the more enjoyable DIY jobs to do.

Grouting the slate is a sod. I think I sealed our splash backs first, grouted, buffed it off the tiles then used brick acid after to get it out of the nooks and crannies.

Oh, and 10 cool points for making the shower base.

Edited by IDGM

I must say artex can hold alot of water!

You are right mate, mine has been leaking for years.

We put a combi boiler in two days after our daughter was due to be born this time four years ago and we knew then there was a leak somehwere but for obvious reasons it wasnt the time to pull up the floors to find it.

It only burst because I pulled up the floors and moved the pipe while looking for the leak further down the pipe.

I'm sure if I'd continued to ignore it and top up the boiler it would have been fine for another 4 years!

Nice work. Wish I had the guts/skills to do that. I do like the shower. How hard is it to tile walls? I've only ever done floors.

Emmas Dad has been helping me.

The shower wooden base was built by him, I did the fibre glass work (13 litres in total!) on the base, and used more resign to seal it to the wall to stop any water being able to get bheind the tiles.

The bulk of the wall tiles were (expencive) standard ceramic tiles, and although they were large, and heavy they were not that bad to lay.

They needed a lot of adhesive, as my house was built in 1927 so the walls are all over the place but once you start with one row and work your way up they are pretty easy. Just time consuming.

The slate tiles on the other hand!

Because they are all different thickness's they are great to put on.

Heavy as hell, so best to put a wooden batton accross the room, and work up from that.

It took Kev a full day to lay that one wall.

Nice tiling B) I think it's one of the more enjoyable DIY jobs to do.

Grouting the slate is a sod. I think I sealed our splash backs first, grouted, buffed it off the tiles then used brick acid after to get it out of the nooks and crannies.

Oh, and 10 cool points for making the shower base.

Ive just wrote a massive reply and clicked a link on a email and it screwedit up.

I'll reply again propperly when I get home :)

Thanks for the comments on the shower base, the shower is my favourate thing :)

Nope :)

Didnt have a bathroom either.

It had an extention built in the 50's which used the current outhouse (coal and loo) and in the extention is had a sink, and in a small room (large enough for the washing machine and a chest freezer now!) it had a shower, loo and sink all crammed in.

The chap who owned the house from new was my wifes Nannans borther, he was a single man all his life spending all day in the garden tending his crop!

I'll post some pics when I get the chance of how it looked when we bought it after he died.

Good work matey, Cant beat a bit of DIY ;)

I hope you removed the double socket under the bath?

And you should have choped the sockets in the kitchen ;)

Tiles look really nice pal, and top work on the shower .