Deadmetal's 1.4s Now mk2 Mx5

Deadmetal

There have been bad stories about Rota's in the past.

The only reason they get called fake is because the people who can afford the real ones think they have the right to say so, it's like those that call Lenso BSX's fake BBS'.

No, I hear what you're saying, but unless someone put BBS wheelcaps on their Lenso's, I don't have a problem with that (or any other situation unless you pretend you have something you don't) :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Rears.

BC coilovers state what spring rates they use for their kits. They use 5kg/mm on the front and 3 on the rear.

So, as I've got shorter than current AP springs and it being the closest I could get, I've gone for 170 pounds, which is slightly stiffer than 3kg/mm.

New springs fitted, along with a new passenger door seal.

Car no longer has an arse up stance. Once the springs settle abit, it'll be perfect imo.

springs rate is pretty much spot on aswell. No harsher than the APs that were on there.

Custom, AP and Standard springs

419354_10152615776215035_1876108371_n.jp

Looking better already

734861_10152615837935035_213995164_n.jpg

6565_10152615838135035_1619340209_n.jpg

Didn't get any height measurement. They looked around half an inch lower when I took the pics. Could of got away with a 6inch spring I think. Was sort of playing it safe.

They've settled a bit now as well, so they might drop a little more.

They cost just over £50 delivered.

Think I might go for a set...seems like a reasonable price!! I've still got the adjusters in and am trying to get it to a height where I'm happy but still keeping the adjusters.

So just to make sure...I assume it won't make a difference matter that I'm running kw shocks?

Shorter springs + adjusters would work. My thinking was that is the springs were too short I could put the adjuster in to get it to the correct height.

The only thing I would suggest is drilling a lower bottom mount hole for the shock. Less likely to bottom the shock out then.

Good thinking. I'll probably go for slightly stiffer springs cos atm it's scrubs every so often. What rate would you recommend or best to stick with 170pound/inch? What company did you use?

Sorry for all the questions haha.

Edited by Pete91