FOX 1.2

BASIL BRUSH

I ordered mine last week have to wait till December but I'm happy with that.

The comments on here from the drivers are honest. The only shocking negatives I've read are from the non Fox drivers. One was a 15 year old which was just so bad I'm suprised the mods allowed it.

I think it's a good looking car, basic interior but what are you looking for? I'm using mine for commuting to and from work so I'm not looking for a sporty fast motor just a great value car.

Are you using any scrappage against the car? I'm getting mine for 4.5K which is great for a new car.

Can you wait for the delivery? Looking round some of the website it's about average on the small cars so you won't be able to nip in and pick one up tomorrow.

Who will use it are you driving a family round or just yourself and your partner? It's never going to seat than 4 but the car is very spacious and comfortable.

Edited by Noonoo

The comments on here from the drivers are honest. The only shocking negatives I've read are from the non Fox drivers. One was a 15 year old which was just so bad I'm suprised the mods allowed it.

Please point me in the direction or report the post.

I do try to keep an eye on negsative feedback from non Fox owners, as does Tigz, but I'm sure we miss some.

Thanks for your response. I would be using this car for very short journeys to work and several trips to a local airport throughout the year.

I am surprised that your order was taken for December delivery quite close to the rules of the scarappage scheme where they outline that you have to be in the car within 20weeks of order date however, in London most dealers have said 16 weeks to me! - but have offered a Polo with imediate delivery at an extra 4 or 5 grand more I find this quite sick.

What Fox are you getting and colour for the price you've mentioned it seems a good deal to me?

We took the paperwork in for the scrappage on 3 August so the 20 calendar weeks is before 21 December

I had 1K already to put down so I only got it for 4.5K instead of the 5.5K that the scrappage discount alone would have given me. It's standard Uranium Grey Urban Fox 1.2 with no optional extras. But I've managed to get a protecton pack and sill guards thrown in for free as I've said the wait is a bit longer than I'd anticipated so there's bargains to be had if you're cheeky!

The dealers, Gilders, are saying there's a guaranteed trade in price of just over 3K after 3 years if we excercise the option to trade in for another new one. I've never had a new car but you hear so much about it driving off the forecourt and the value plumeting like a stone so we'd lose only 1.5K in 3 years.

We were told we could have a Polo Match sooner as they see to have reserve stock awaiting registration but I'd made my mind up I wanted a Fox and the Polo felt no different to the one I already had whereas the Fox as miles ahead in terms of space and it seemed so light and roomy where the Polo was a bit dark and compact.

I test drove a 2006 model as they didn't have a newer one but they're letting me test drive again when a newer model comes in in case I change my mind.

We took the paperwork in for the scrappage on 3 August so the 20 calendar weeks is before 21 December

I had 1K already to put down so I only got it for 4.5K instead of the 5.5K that the scrappage discount alone would have given me. It's standard Uranium Grey Urban Fox 1.2 with no optional extras. But I've managed to get a protecton pack and sill guards thrown in for free as I've said the wait is a bit longer than I'd anticipated so there's bargains to be had if you're cheeky!

The dealers, Gilders, are saying there's a guaranteed trade in price of just over 3K after 3 years if we excercise the option to trade in for another new one. I've never had a new car but you hear so much about it driving off the forecourt and the value plumeting like a stone so we'd lose only 1.5K in 3 years.

We were told we could have a Polo Match sooner as they see to have reserve stock awaiting registration but I'd made my mind up I wanted a Fox and the Polo felt no different to the one I already had whereas the Fox as miles ahead in terms of space and it seemed so light and roomy where the Polo was a bit dark and compact.

I test drove a 2006 model as they didn't have a newer one but they're letting me test drive again when a newer model comes in in case I change my mind.

Well I wish you luck and I am sure you'll be happy with it. I have to make my mind up soon as scrappage funds will only be available for the next two weeks so I was told by a few London dealers.

I know of one Urban which was at check point 5 (would be available for collection mid September) in red but I want black or grey.

I have test driven a 2006 and 2009 and found no difference in them apart from a slight miss on tick over this is due to the 3 cylinder engine design and if throttled heavily they can be noisy.

Yer for the price the Fox is better than the Polo. I agree there feels more space and it is nice to drive.

I have been on the motorway quite a few times now I live in Nottingham and I have been to

St Alberns

new forest 3 times

NEC 4 times

and others

Anyway it is nice to drive on the motorway there is as much noise as you would expect from a budget car, you can still talk to all your passengers.

I have not ridden in the back of the car but when I clean it it seems quite big, all the people I have had in the back like it.

The high driving position is nice gives you the feel like your in a bigger car, you feel less intimerdated by other by other bigger car and vans, only thing is when you take the Fox for a service, you will probably get polo and you feel like your on the floor and the seat back rest wheel is in the wrong place in the Polo.

Get back in to the Fox and your in a 4x4, it's not for everybody but I like it (I have the seat rased as high as I can and no I am not a short bloke)

To sum up I like the car yes I would like a bigger engin (but I don't need it) as the 1.2 is prity nippy and the clutch and gearbox are nice and light you can get your ass moving quite swift.

Nice car nice package (sliding seats are excelent try a full set of golf clubs).

sorry sent you to sleep now. Hope you enjoy your car.

PS If you tell them not to put the sill protectors on sell them on ebay for £30 and bye some mats instead.

Edited by FLO7LXJ

Love the fact you can raise the seats even though you're still pretty high up!

I had an M reg Fiat Cinq at one point and that was like driving a biscuit tin so I know how to 'ruff it' I just don't feel anything like that in the Fox

If you thrap any car you'll get throttle noise which is why I asked if you were doing motorway journeys or commuting trips. Maybe if you do a 60 mile daily round trip commute on the motorway this may not be the right car for you but if you want a day to day car the I don't think you can go wrong

Yer I agree it is called a city car after all, but it can do a motorway run as well as most super-minis (there not so mini anymore even the Fox is as big as an old Polo)

I just like it you jump in and drive no hassle no fuss A-B quickly comfortably and safely.

I used my fox on regular basic getting to college and back so i done about 50 mile round trip on the motorway, and the road noise isnt really and issue, its enjoyable and bearable at about 60mph,

Ive had my fox upto a shocking 110mph (poor 3 cylinder screaming its nuts off)which was not a very nice expereince (once was enough) and would not recommned it :lol:

and its quick enough to go at a constant 70 or 80mph, thought it does need some momentame to move from the 2nd lane to the outside lane

Some of the posative points are,,,,,, its rides pot holes and speed bumps really well, the ride in the back is really comfortable, the cabin is really spacious and open many of my freinds are suprised at how big it is in side, the handling is reponsive and the handling of corners is ok,

Some negative points,,,,,, Street creadabillty is very low but when the see the VW badge the think its cost a lot £££££ many of my freinds said to get a lupo but i drive what i like, the styling at the back is not to my likeing but over all and very nice car,