Just Ordered My Fox

Noonoo

I looked over this site last night and was stunned at the absolute kicking that Fox owners were getting. Poor Basil Brush has cancelled his due to what could only be described as peer pressure bullying!

"I had my car 6 months and I needed a new bulb so I took it back to the dealer blah blah blah". Do all new cars come with a guarantee as an option?

I'm happy to wait till December for delivery, took advantage of the scrappage deal - yes could have got something else in that time but why? I want a car that can seat 4 not me and a handbag. No - I couldn't buy a Lupo..................they don't make them any more!!!!!!!!

Didn't like the Polo Match so went for a Urban Fox 1.2.

Obviously I know I'll be opening myself up to a kicking but I'm looking forward to it.

Edited by Noonoo

Welcome! Good intro and enjoy your Fox. What colour did you get?

Weirdly: I am so hoping she's (only a woman could open with a post like that and she's sending kisses to Tigz :( ) going to a say she "scrappaged" a Lupo or an Arosa...

We sacrificed a K reg Vauxhall Fronterra. Never again will the beast ever be worth 2K! Also busy making lists on what we can strip off it to sell on ebay and the like so we'll get a bit more.

I've ordered the Fox in the Uranium Grey, have a fear of red cars and didn't like the blue to much, with the honeycombe seats.

No deal other than the scrappage a such but the sales team are giving us a protection pack and sill guards for free.

It's through the Guilders Group and they're pretty well known around South Yorkshire and Derbyshire.

......and oh yes I'm a girlie!

Edited by Noonoo

What a small world - I'm from Chesterfield!!!!

Just down the road from the huge Gilders at Norton where your cousin is probably based

Edited by Noonoo

I've ordered the Fox in the Uranium Grey, have a fear of red cars and didn't like the blue to much, with the honeycombe seats.

Before I traded the Lupo in for the Fiesta, I nearly bought an ex-demo 1.4 Urban in Uranium Grey with the grey honeycomb seats, so you have thumbs up from me. THe extra £1400 they wanted for it over the Fiesta put me off.

When I spy one out on the road, I wonder what life would have been like if I had bought it.

Edited by IDGM

Fair play to you if that's what you like. Imo, they look great in Grey! I think foxes are great little cars and in my experience (well.. my parents) aren't any worse then French cars but look a whole lot better.

Yeah don't really know why the only Fox forum is on a page for car owners that hate them - I'm certainly not technical to set one up!

I don't know why people have taken such a dislike to it either.

I'll tell you what, when I get the time I will go through the forum and remove all the negitive comments :)

Yeah don't really know why the only Fox forum is on a page for car owners that hate them - I'm certainly not technical to set one up!

'cause it was identified (by whom I don't know) as a reeplcement for the Lupo range I assume.

The Lupo was expensive for what it was, but good quality, when VW introduced the Fox to the UK they were answering the market for a cheaper city car, which other manufacturers had been beating them at for a while.

Obviously if something has to be cheaper, something has to give.

I was looking at a couple when I was waiting for a test drive the Hmmm... mmm...: choose the right model, the right engine and the right interior and it's a good little car at a good price. I would like to see it a bit lower from standard though.

And as for those slagging the Fox, take a look at the Tim Tom interior :( not all isperfect in "the world of lupo"

I tend to remove negative comments about the Fox, from non Fox owners when I come across them.

Enjoy your car when it comes and welcome to the world of VW snobbery.

Arosa always came out tops against the Lupo in the motoring world reviews, apart from the GTi of course ;) , but had a Cupra version been made, who knows.

:)

I love my Polo I bought it from a mate who had it as a small second car and will surely shed a tear when the time comes to get it on ebay when the Fox comes.

It's just that it's 9 years old looking a bit shabby since some git decided to take off the n/s door mirror and for love nor money can we get another one. Either way they'd have knackered the electrics anyway.

It needs another EGR valve as it's stuck open or shut or whatever they do and they've about £300+ quid from the dealer and he who must be obeyed can't get it off to clean without breaking it.

If they still made the Lupo I'd be parting with the hard earned to get one as I used to drive a Fiat Cinq (god that was a biscuit tin!) so used to having a car that small.

By the way - if anyone knows anyone who may want a VW Polo E Sept 2000, 68K miles spares or repairs then let me know! May take a look over on the Polo forum nearer the time

You've obviously never driven on the equally gay Derbyshire roads! :lol:

Mind you the very first Polo 9N's (2002 onwards) had Fox suspension 4x4 style which was soon eradicated.

Fox's are fine. I was considering a new one at one point but then I saw the Polo 9N. Lower it, job done. I suppose the main reason is that I have some weird attraction to cars with 4 round lights at the front. Not that I wear glasses thus making me 4 eyed.

Polo mk2

Lupo Sport

Polo 9N.

Hi,

Hope you enjoy your Fox when you get it! I am not up on what is on that model but I would strongly suggest that if it does not have remote central locking that you add it!! That is at the top of my list to add to my 1.2 06 Fox.

With regards to the ride height it is all a matter of opinion as the Fox will never be a car in the same cat as the Lupo's and therefore any mod's are down to personal requirements and some will be for looks and others for ride comfort or spottiness :P

The Fox is a great car if you take it on face value for what it is and that is IMO an entry level VW built with quality you would expect from a "cheap car" This is why you can NOT IMO compare the Lupo with the Fox as the Lupo has far better components and a better line up for engine options! But sorry to say that the world economy made VW to look at the options and EOL the Lupo and bring out a "cheap entry level car!"

Shame the 4 door and bigger engine models available in Brazil are not available in Europe but that I think is due to emissions and safety!

My Fox has only had one issue so far and that was the Cam sensor, which did not stop it getting me home not bad for a 06 1.2 19K miles!! I can say the Fox is a great everyday city car for me but it is also very happy to do long journeys as long as you are :D

M