Dilema about selling up

Matty.

Heres the problem.. had the lupo since about February and love it to bits, no doubt about that. But past couple of weeks ive been thinking of selling up for something else, just a change of scene

Can get my hands on a mk4 golf gti, r32 replica stage 2 remap all the toys etc for £7000. Its currently sitting at 70k miles on an 02 reg

Ideally my plan was when im 21 at the end of the year i could afford the insurance of an R32 MK4 or 5 and was gonna get one next summer. But with my eyes on this its got the power similar to R32 and looks like one too. I know it doesnt have all the toys of an R32 but its got the majority.

Only thought is, should i sell the lupo and get the golf, keep it for a year or two then get an R32 when i feel the time is right

Or keep the lupo till next summer then try and get my hands on one but miss the chance of this car which i really quite like

I love love love the lupo to bits, and with it being a 2005 and only 28k miles, its certainly special.

Just in two minds what direction to go down really, the golf is already show standard and can only get better. The lupo has got its show things about it as ive changed over to fully leather and its lowered but thats about it really. Ive held back throwing money on it for smoothing and alloys as well i dont really want to take the full character away from it, but also the change of having a remapped 1.8T in a slightly bigger car appeals to me more than throwing alloys smoothing all the rest at the lupo.

Heres the golf;

IMG_1072.jpg

DSC01530.jpg

DSC01520.jpg

Surprisingly too it doesnt bother me about it being a 5 door, its something different for a change as ive always had a 3. Even tho ive rarely got more than 2 other people in the car.

Insurance for the golf is £1300, but im £1000 for the lupo so not really a difference

id keep the lupo mate.

speed really isnt everything in a car mate. you will instantly miss the character the gti holds. if it were for a genuine r32 then id say maybe go for it. but a replica will always be a replica and therefore in many peoples eyes worth less than a standard car.

a lupo gti will hold its money and never lose its rarity. whereas that to me is just a nice looking golf gti. Its side by side with the thousands of other nice looking golf gti's. plus that golf wouldnt come close to an r32 without the 4wd and the v6 engine note.

It wasnt really the replica part i was going for fully, was just because the r32 looks better than the gti bumpers etc but the remap etc was a bonus

I mean end of the day i think if i did get rid of the lupo without doing fully what i want to do to it i'd regret the opportunity of creating a really nice car

Like the ibiza i had for first car, yeah it was a 1.2 but lowered smoothed on 17" comps it looked mint (until it met a field)

Also i could just keep the lupo, throw a grand-ish at it and i'd fall in love with it all over again

I just need to stop buying cheap alloys off ebay hoping to refurb them and never get round to it lol

A really nice golf (baring the dent in the rear drivers-side door).

Although I'm not really a big fan of replicas. It's also done nearly 3 times as many miles as your Lupo. I too would keep the Loop to be honest.

28K 05 plate GTI is a very cool car.

it will always maintain its resale maybe even appreciate.

Insurance on the GTI at 21 will be cheaper.

I say save the cash, Keep the GTI.