clio 182

ArosaScotty

There really isn't much of a difference with a 172 and a 182, they feel almost exactly the same power wise.

Would love to see some pics.

Throttle bodies on a 172/182 are awesome, you get a nice 220bhp which I reckon would be a good figure the Clios. Reckon the chassis would cope well with that. I think the 280bhp turbo conversions would be quicker (obviously) but a lot harder to drive. You'd have to fight to reign the power in.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you driven a 172 Cup Alex? Is there a noticable difference, and is it worth losing the Xenons and seats for? The turinis are sublime

i've been taken for a spin in one, personally i'd only recommend it if you were going on track days etc. i think for what you lose in terms of equipment, its not really worth the half second or whatever it is.

Have you driven a 172 Cup Alex? Is there a noticable difference, and is it worth losing the Xenons and seats for? The turinis are sublime

I've driven a Clio 182 Cup which is pretty much the same and it drove extremely similar to the 172 'full fat' I had.

BUT, the interior on the Cup was rubbish really. Cloth seats no leather/alcanara, also no rear head rests. Not that they are essential but look smart in the back anyway. No xenons, climate control or auto lights/wipers. Even littls things like the separate map reading light was taken out of the Cup I used to drive (my ex missus' car).

In an ideal world, I'd go for a Clio 182 full fat with the Cup options. So same chassis but with all the luxuries. Given the choice between the two I'd take the full fat any time. The inside is a much nicer place to be by comparison.

Also the advantages you get from the Cup version is unnoticeable on the road. On the track you'd naturally take the Cup version, on the road I prefer a balance of luxuries and speed. My 172 was a surprisingly well equipped car.

In regard to the Turinis, they are lovely wheels but you can get them from K-tec anyway so if you're that keen get a full fat and put them on aftermarket. :):D

Hope that helps, neither are bad cars in the slightest just having been in a full fat for 2 years then getting in a Cup, I couldn't believe how bare it was. lol

• 2 weeks later...

my bros got a 172 which is being supercharged, shud be on rollers been mapped today, befor all this he had no problems with the car, the gear box is fine on the standard engine, start modding them n thats when they start getting problems, my bro put semi slicks on his n at santa pod there was tht much grip it blew a hold in the side of the box lol dread to think that its gonna be like then its supercharged, guarenteed atleast 250bhp and i can see it eating driveshafts and box's tbh lol