Leddys New Ride

leddy

Well as some of you know i sold my gti to Dom just over a year ago so havent been about for a while. must say though ive missed clublupo and thought id pop back in to show you what ive got at the mo.

Since the gti ive owned a couple of cheaper cars that did me ok but just didnt excite me like the lupo used to. these were an almera gti and a focus st170.

Now though i have genuinely found what i feel is a worthy replacement that puts a smile on my face everytime i drive it!

I recently bought a 2005 '54' reg Mini Cooper S. Its the facelifted R53 version so has 170bhp as standard. It came with the Aero Bodykit, chilli pack leather seats, privacy glass and 17" s spoke alloys and only 17k miles.

The car itself really is immaculate and because i purchased from a mini main dealer it came with their tlc xl pack which basically gives me an extra 3 years of free servicing on top of the one free service that i have remaining from its original tlc pack.

I know Minis arnt to everyones taste and i must admit i wasnt a crazed enthusiast before i got this one but i am definately converted. Its amazing how simple they are to get very good power out of also. for around £1500 it should see 220bhp easily. which i am sure will be ample.

Anyway ive only got a couple of pics and unfortunately they arnt the best but here you go, some better ones will follow in the near future.

11062009034.jpg

11062009033.jpg

see i absolutely loved my gti to bits and really thought nothing else would grab me in the same way but although the mini isnt anywhere near as rare and is shed loads worse on fuel. it just performs and properly puts a smile on my face everytime i drive it. The supercharger whine is just superb :)

Do like them, and would have one, would have to do something special to set it aside from all the others.

Did you try the new one before you bought that?

The new mini never did it for me as I was looking at it like a sequel but thinking of it as a seperate entity they are really nice. Seen a few people with rotrex chargers on them deffinatly the way to go. Gimmie a pm if your interested in one in the future.

Do like them, and would have one, would have to do something special to set it aside from all the others.

Did you try the new one before you bought that?

yeah i driven a new one on a few occasions. they are definately better built but feel alot bigger. the big centre speedo was always something that irritated me and unfortunately in the new ones they are absolutely massive!

in terms of drive i really do prefer the supercharged one. the engine in the newer ones is more refined but the power delivery felt more lumpy. shame mine doesnt acheive the same mpg though. although its not a tiny car they are definately still go-kart like. the new model seems to have lost this a little as it feels noticeably bigger to drive. still good fun though.

yeah i driven a new one on a few occasions. they are definately better built but feel alot bigger. the big centre speedo was always something that irritated me and unfortunately in the new ones they are absolutely massive!

in terms of drive i really do prefer the supercharged one. the engine in the newer ones is more refined but the power delivery felt more lumpy. shame mine doesnt acheive the same mpg though. although its not a tiny car they are definately still go-kart like. the new model seems to have lost this a little as it feels noticeably bigger to drive. still good fun though.

Couldn't agree more, i wondered what other people that had driven both thought.

• 2 weeks later...
Couldn't agree more, i wondered what other people that had driven both thought.

i think alot of people think the same to be honest. although the new turbo engine provides much better economy and emissions.