anyone happy with their fox?

ermmurray

i noticed the thread about people being disappointed with foxes... and was interested to see what people thought of theirs.. on the positive side..

what do you like most about it?

does it do everything you bought it to do?

would you choose it again if you could go back in time?

please no haters in here.. i know alot of lupo owners dont like them.. but at the end of the day its not a mark 2 lupo is it. the only likeness is that it is VWs smallest production car as was the lupo. i dont think the two should really be compared..

lets see what you all think!..

.phase please leave now.

ermmurray put this post up for people that like the Fox.

IT IS NOT DULL IF YOU KNOW HOW TO DRIVE IT it is probably not as good as a lupo but it is NOT as said above a replacement for the Lupo.

It is a good car beats the citroen c1 hands down (and with prices rising you can get a Fox for less) it is aVW and has good space inside 4 adults very comfortably take and the boot is big enough to take luggage not just a tea towel.

It gets you from A-B-C-D in a nice space good high driving position (if you like that kind of thing)

I like it if you don't post your comments somewhere else.

damn right i'm happy with my fox :)

bright red on alloys what more could I want from a car lol

i love my 1.4 fox, i do quite a lot of motorway miles but i don't really like big cars cos i'm only young :)

i might not buy it again if I went back in time, but that's true of any brand new car really, such a "waste of money" hehehe

my favourite bit about it is when people see it for the first time and they are quite shocked i've got such a new car at my age lol, and no my parents don't pay for it i work full time lol :P

Im happy with my Fox

Not a bad little car, yes i know its not a replacment for a lupo, but i think its does the job i need it for,

Gets me from A- B had the car fro about 1 and half now, the engine is quite nippy for its size only bein 3 cyls,

the bad points being, today going to tamworth with 4 adults in, it did struggle to move and pick some speed, but thats the fun part,

I agree with the comment above everyone who see's me in it carnt belive how i can afford this, maybe because it got the vw badge,

Edited by 89james(FOX)

Im still looking forward to seeing a decked fox on some pimp rims. :)

lol give me some time..!

just sometimes i wonder whether to sell my fox and get something a bit cheaper.. such as a lupo.. im all for being original tho..

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my fox for nearly 4 months and I havent one complaint to make about it. I love my wee car and if I could swap it for any other small car I wouldnt.

Not had any problems with it, its ran perfect from when I got it up till now and I have done a lot of long trips! I love the space, everyone that goes in it is always suprised by the amount of space, front and back. If you need more boot space then you can push down the back chairs....Ive managed to get tonnes in all that space. The fact that it comes with an ipod connection is brilliant, no more playing about with CDS. The cup holders might seem daft but I think they are brill....if you have a bottle you put that in the door holders and if you have cans or anything small then you put that in the front ones.

I only have a 1.2 and when I was looking for a car I wasnt interested in having a powerful car, I dont speed but I find it nippy enough. Its very good for insurance...I only paid 400 for mine and that was with 8 points. As i say Ive had no probs with it, it gets me from A to B with no problem whatsoever. Its great to get into it and not have to worry if it will start, if it will break down or the mot!

Everyone is allowed their opinion, just because other people dont like the fox dont mean everyone doesnt. If if wasnt selling well for VW they would pull it. Since having my car I have seen a lot more going about so they are getting more popular.

Thats my 2 cents!

• 3 weeks later...

You can't tar the whole name with a few duff ones and like I've already read on here you always get a few bad eggs in a batch.

I reserve the right to change my mind come December when my behind the wheel but I don't think it should get the slating it does by the Lupo drivers.

Did every Lupo come off the production line without 1 single problem?

Keep on enjoying!

Edited by Noonoo

I've had my fox for nearly 4 months and I havent one complaint to make about it. I love my wee car and if I could swap it for any other small car I wouldnt.

Not had any problems with it, its ran perfect from when I got it up till now and I have done a lot of long trips! I love the space, everyone that goes in it is always suprised by the amount of space, front and back. If you need more boot space then you can push down the back chairs....Ive managed to get tonnes in all that space. The fact that it comes with an ipod connection is brilliant, no more playing about with CDS. The cup holders might seem daft but I think they are brill....if you have a bottle you put that in the door holders and if you have cans or anything small then you put that in the front ones.

I only have a 1.2 and when I was looking for a car I wasnt interested in having a powerful car, I dont speed but I find it nippy enough. Its very good for insurance...I only paid 400 for mine and that was with 8 points. As i say Ive had no probs with it, it gets me from A to B with no problem whatsoever. Its great to get into it and not have to worry if it will start, if it will break down or the mot!

Everyone is allowed their opinion, just because other people dont like the fox dont mean everyone doesnt. If if wasnt selling well for VW they would pull it. Since having my car I have seen a lot more going about so they are getting more popular.

Thats my 2 cents!

Just curious...If you don't speed then what were the 8 points for?

Just curious...If you don't speed then what were the 8 points for?

I got the first 3 for when I did my first year of driving and they can now be taken off my licence (although still claim for another year) which yes I did spead at that time but first year and everything think your invisiable!

The 5 was for careless driving for which I was driving the works van and my work did not inform me that I couldnt drive at 70 and because it was a rainy day I didnt just get the normal 3 points. If my work had told me I could only do 60 on the dual carriage way I would not have been driving over that. Slightly unfair to me because of that especially after I informed my work and they were still convinced that the van was not classed as a heavy goods vehicle. I think there is far worse people out there who intentially speed and most of the time get away with it! Not something Im especially proud of but nothing i can do about it.

Fox is a great little car it is very versatile with regards for use. I have to say when pushed it displays all the traits you would expect, body roll, under steer and well lack of power, but you knew all of that before you brought it didn't you!!!!

Great city car go anywhere, leave it anywhere, it will always be there when you get back and no hater’s to damage it for you :P

M

i don't notice any body roll... for the height it's exceptional doesn't anyone agree?? :P

i agree :) i deliver for domino's in mine (08 urban 1.2) ive done 30000 since july last year and its still driving like the day i got it.. for those of you who don't realize pizza delivery involves LOTS of stop start driving and razzing through towns and country lanes (at least where im from) i think the body roll is exceptional for its height, my mates are often amazed at it and they're all driving around in their slammed golfs.. i think (if and) when i slam mine it will corner a dream.. :)

• 2 weeks later...

My wife loves her fox a 58 plate 1.2 urban that she bought new last September she has completed 6500 miles in it the only thing she would say is it is not as fast as her Lupo was but she also said the Fox is more reliablethan the lupo was (RAC called out 8 times to the Lupo in two years!!!!!) :(

• 2 months later...

I have 2 say personally im not a fan of the fox at all, not because i have a lupo, i just dont think its a nice lookin car at all and they dont have a particularly exciting choice of engines. i can understand why people would buy them as they are cheap to buy and run i just prefer something a little more interesting. i would welcome someone to prove me wrong as i consider myself a vw enthusiast rather than just a lupo enthusiast.

I like the Fox.

FYI speed limit on dual carriageways is the national speed limit, which is 60mph ;)

I always thought the National Speed limit was 70 :huh:

It doesn't matter to me as I'm still bedding in the Fox no going over 60 :(

Speed restrictions as we know them today came into force over 60 years ago in 1934 when a 30mph limit was brought in for roads considered to be in 'built-up' areas. This particular limit is still used today.

Other roads had no limits, until 1965 when the Minister for Transport introduced a 70mph restriction for all roads, which included highways and motorways.

In 1977 the speed limit for cars and motorbikes on dual carriageways was set at 70mph with single carriageways carrying a 60mph limit.

The limits remained untouched apart from a few exceptions, until 1999 when local authorities were allowed to bring in 20mph speed limits without needing to get permission from the Secretary of State.

;)

FYI speed limit on dual carriageways is the national speed limit, which is 60mph ;)

FYI you are incorrect.

Edit:Philplop beat me to it

Edited by NOCK

• 4 years later...

I believe dual carriage ways are 60mph unless there is a central reservation in which case they are 70mph.

On the matter of reviewing the Fox for me as a relatively new driver I believe that the fox is a good car to get to grips with. Although my model is the 1.2 petrol with 54 bhp (I believe) it still does have a nippy feel to it when going at the 60 mark on country roads. Nobody said that the fox was going to be great for acceleration and the likes but it is as advertised; a cheap car to buy, tax, and insure. You get what you pay for at the end of the day and for me the fox is more than ideal for my journeys.