My GTI

LewB

hi,

here is my 01 Lupo GTI

Spec:

1.6 16v 125bhp

Full Exhaust - BMC Induction Kit, Raceland 4-2-1 Manifold, De-Cat

TA Technix Coilovers

Bought the car off a guy in scotland last sept/oct, not sure if he is on here though. had few running problems, but all sorted now, seems to be running fine ! Since ive owned it made a couple of minor changes - already had wheels coils and exhaust when bought. Had an oval tailpipe when i got it, thought it was a bit big, so changed that to a twin. Few other wee bits here and there

28062009055.jpg

28062009056.jpg

28062009062.jpg

28062009063.jpg

28062009067.jpg

Cheers

Edited by Lewbeg17

Like it :)

Any plans?

No major plans at the moment, was thinkin bout selling but when i sold the 1.4 i really wanted another one, so unsure what to do as im sure id regret it"!

Suppose plan is to get more power!

• 3 weeks later...

was going to put a red lip on the front grill, but had no red tape, found some yellow tape and thought i'd try it to see what it looks like, someone suggested i change the red I to yellow too

what do you think?

26072009094.jpg

26072009096.jpg

27072009099.jpg

27072009097.jpg

27072009098.jpg

very very nice matey. are your adjusters off the rears by any chance?

yea there are no adjusters on the back, just got new set of ta technix, only replaced the front

down as low as i can go at the moment

what alternative to tape could i use, anyone know where to get yellow piping for the lip of the grill?

nice looking car ! yellow looks good, different to the usual red ;)

how do the technix hold up when you throw it around a bit ?

I'm torn between technix or kw v1's

What about AP's or Weitecs?

I have V1's, rate them highly, but they are over 3 times more that TA Technix.

yeh wouldnt rate the technix for handling at all! they are good for getting the car low, the rims are 7.5" wide and its rubbin if its thrown about, def be worth investing in the better coilovers

heres another pic

Image396-1.jpg

Edited by Lewbeg17

• 11 months later...

got some pics taken month or so ago, heres how she currently sits - down as low as i can get it without any arch/chasis work:

_MG_3543.jpg

_MG_3552.jpg

_MG_3565.jpg

_MG_3575.jpg

_MG_3581.jpg

_MG_3601.jpg

_MG_3588.jpg

_MG_3587.jpg

really just tidyed up a bit, redone the yellow grill surround, got a rear GTI badge - detailed the 'I' yello, same on the front badge.

Looking for some Ronal LS centre caps - will swap for the BBS. Does anyone know if you can just buy the centre badge of the cap?

also going to be changing the tail pipe for a Jamex Twin or Standard - think the current one poke out a bit too much

*also - on the look out for a decent set of coilovers - feels like ive ruined it slightly with the TA Technix, but i suppose that was to be expected

cheers

Edited by Lewbeg17