Finding your lupo..

marcusgrant

Just to prove you wrong...

Gotta be a exception to prove the rule! Not everyone is so fortunate I would still rather travel to get what i want rather than wait arround and hope it finds me.

Different strokes...

Was looking for a new car at the time had a 106, both parents had vw's, had decided i wanted a polo or a lupo, test drove a polo match 1.4 a 1.0 lupo then a 1.7 sdi then test drove the 1.4 sport fell in love and had to have it. it had just been reduce that day to £6995, it was just over a year old with 2k on the clock.

i still got it now 5 years later lol now with 68k on the clock. such a fun car to drive, would love a gti though too lol. but would have to be raven blue, even though love the grey/green on my sport pearlisent paint.

happy hunting those who are looking, may have to let my go one day :(

We needed a car for the wife as I had a company car, decided between us it had to be small for her and something interesting for me, so we bought a mk1 Golf Clipper :lol:

She hated it so back to the drawing board.

We settled on a Lupo GTI, originally looking for Black or Anthracite.

I was scouring one lunchtime at work and spotted a Raven Blue one on a dealers website, one owner, leather and sunroof, wife wasnt sure about the colour, too bright :o

Phoned the dealer which was Verve in Glasgow, gave him a deposit over the phone, without consulting the wife.

Went down later in the week, she fell in love with it. :wub:

Bought it and 5 years later the rest as they say is history.

PS Prior to this I have only ever kept one car more than a year.

I was looking for one before Christmas when i decided i wanted to get rid of my pug sometimes soon and had my heart set on a loop for ages, but couldn't really find any local and i wasn't sure how much i'd actually have to spend. Then in January i wrote my car off so needed a new one anyway, looked around a bit then mine came up on autotrader and it was only half an hour away, went to see it and fell in love. I gave them a deposit 2 days later then just had to wait for my insurance money to come through and ended up getting it for £2000 :)

where abouts in fife did you pick your gti up from?

I found my gti on autotrader after looking about for a month or so. I was waiting for a cheque to clear before i could buy one. it was an agonising 2 week wait before i had cash in hand :o all the way to runcorn. Was a good drive home though!! :D

Don't rush into buying the first one you see!! i seen a few heaps on P/heads and autotrader, dave was constantly reminding me to be sensible! :D

Glenrothes, i think thats how its spelt anyway!

i bought the first one i saw, had a few problems with it but they seem to be common faults!

i still absolutely love it!!

I sort of assumed it was Dave's old one...

:)

it is!

I wanted to replace my old Clio runabout and wanted something with character so the Lupo was the best choice with decent insurance groups.

Kept my eyes on Autotrader, went to look at one 'good condition' green 1.4. It was a sh!tter, every panel damaged, no carpets, service light flashing etc.

Then saw one come up 4 miles form my house. Was partly modified but only needed a couple of touches to make it spot on, also only had 38k on the clock.

Glenrothes, i think thats how its spelt anyway!

i bought the first one i saw, had a few problems with it but they seem to be common faults!

i still absolutely love it!!

it is!

HAHA!!! fancy that!!! :D I was in tears when he said it had to go :( absolutely LOVED that car!! His excuse was it wasnt big enough for joss who was only a teeny wee bump...oh the memories!! i refused to go with him to hand it over

i will always remember him getting rid of his brand new MK5 Golf to buy it. Turned up with lexus lights and 16v badges as soon as he ripped those off and put the TH monos on i loved it!!

I would never have bought mine if i hadnt driven his first. going from a 1 litre auto mini to the gti was amazing!! i was petrified of it! haha

Edited by Kara

HAHA!!! fancy that!!! :D I was in tears when he said it had to go :( absolutely LOVED that car!! His excuse was it wasnt big enough for joss who was only a teeny wee bump...oh the memories!! i refused to go with him to hand it over

i will always remember him getting rid of his brand new MK5 Golf to buy it. Turned up with lexus lights and 16v badges as soon as he ripped those off and put the TH monos on i loved it!!

I would never have bought mine if i hadnt driven his first. going from a 1 litre auto mini to the gti was amazing!! i was petrified of it! haha

i bet, ha ha!

the windscreen has a massive crack in it now thanks to a biker last night!

:angry:

i keep thinking i want to sell it, then change my mind!

Looking on here and Pistonheads for about a month or two. Kept coming back to Penry's GTI. Was put off by the cat d, but the price and the spec (leather, coilovers, 6 speed box) kept luring me back. Exchanged quite a few PMs and texts then thought sod it, sent a deposit and went and picked it up without even looking at it.

I hadn't really thought about selling my then mk4 golf tdi but then I got taken out for a ride in my mates GTI and knew instantly I needed one.

Had the golf serviced ready for sale, put it up for a week with no interest then got a call on a Saturday night asking to view it the next morning, he came up and offered me the asking price after 20 mins of looking round it.

On the Monday I got up at 7am and drove 2 hours to look at my first GTI and put a deposit down then picked it up the next day!

Never looked back! :D

I wanted a GTI when they were new, but I just couldn't justify the cost.

Then I looked at a good few when they were a couple of years old and still on VW dealers' forecourts. The number of badly repaired crashed ones in VW's network was shocking.

Waited another couple of years and finally bought one privately off here. Travelled from Glasgow to Manchester to get it.