Finding your lupo..

marcusgrant

just wondering how eveyone one found the lupo they own? I've been looking for one for agis (3 months) and there has only been ONE that i wanted but that went by the time i rang up in the evening, was a mint black sport with perfect history, private seller and all! gutted.

So yeah just wondering where you find yours? Are you happy to buy off traders? do you travel miles?

I look on autotrader, piston heads, here and maybe ebay but im never happy!.... am i just being too fussy? I after a sport, one of the first ones with good history for around 2.5 - 3k.

cheers.

I drove past a local car dealer, kept seeing a yellow Lupo on the forecourt and the price steadily dropping...

A week before my test I went and haggled a few quid off and had it parked on my drive for when I passed my test.

I was looking for a new car, Something special and quick.... Then one of the guys at work said he is coming in his stepsons Lupo tomorrow, cause it's been dumped on him, stepson had moved into a flat with no parking in a high crime rate area.... Then found out it was a GTI and he wanted less than £4000 for it, he took me for a test drive at some crazy speed, and realised I didn't need to look any further.

Dad didn't have a car after him and Mum split and she took the A4 with her, so he said to me to chose one I liked then he'd use it til i'd passed my test, then I could buy it off of him and he would get his own.

We looked for a good few weeks until we found mine on autotrader. Got her from a small dealer/garage all in one place in Cambridge. Saw her and she was home within a week :)

Started looking in the November for a GTI. Found a silver one at my local dealership, phoned to book a test drive but was told it had been sold.

Carried on looking, stopped looking over Christmas and then started looking again in January.

By January, I decided I wanted a black one & the nearest one was in Chichester (120 miles away)... phoned them, put a deposit on it (refundable) as it was due to go off to auction on the Wednesday, took a half day from work on the Thursday and drove down to see it. It was late January, pitch black and peeing down with rain.

Took it for a test drive, drove it into their workshop to look round it, agreed the PX on my Clio and gave them a cheque.

Picked it up just over a week later at the weekend, once my cheque had cleared.

:D

I still dont own a Lupo but Im looking for a similar thing 1.4 sport good condition low miles etc. I dont think you should be too worried over private sale or trader as they both have pros and cons. As for distance yesterday I went with a work mate to pick up a RS Turbo and it was over 10hrs round trip. You gotta travel to get a bargin.

I'd seen mine at the dealers for months - I remember it well, going along with my nice deposit (the car was £7.5k back then) - end of December 2001. I asked them to hold it for me until the end of January as I would have my pass plus then making my insurance cheaper.

Oh those were the days - I loved that car

...You gotta travel to get a bargin.

Just to prove you wrong...

The Arosa was first: Jul '05: Walked with TSO and dog to Tesco for a pint of milk. TSO had recently been talking about how heavy the steering was on her MK3 1043cc Polo Genesis. SEAT dealer is just about opposite and they had 2 Arosas on the forcourt. Had a quick look around them both with no intention of buying: dark blue metalic 1.0s had 19k on the clock, but the controls and interior said hard life to me. The 1.0 in silver had 16k and was absolutely mint, with the sunroof.

Went back the next day for a test drive. The dealer was closing down and we got a good deal. Picked it up 5 days later.

First thing I done was put the Oz alloy's on to it from the Polo. Took the Polo for a test driveon the steelies to make sure they were balanced and the steering was fine. Checked the tyre pressure on the allos and they were about 12 on the front. We bought another car 'cause the tyres needed air. Sold the Polo to a pal for £150, supposedly as was, but TSO made me clean it properly: it cleaned up mint. He got a bargain. '93 K plate, with 75k on the clock, with a decent service history.

He's still driving it now and sold the plate for £200!

The GTi: Lost my dog early 2007 to the grim reaper and was feeling a bit down. Started looking at GTIs to cheer myself up. Missed Joe's (now Melonman's) and another 2 in dealerships which I was prepared to travel hundreds of miles for. Noticed one on PistonHeads in May 2007 which, coincidentally, was about 500 yards from my front door and silver to boot. Done the maths and decided I could afford it, so mentioned it to TSO. She said if i could afford it and wanted it it was up to me.

Went and seen it the next evening when she was working late and done a deal. Picked it up on the Saturday. She thought I was kidding! She was also a little bit miffed when I sold her Punto. The money from the sale, however went into the holiday fund so it made it a bit easier for her.

Now I fancy something a little bit bigger again and she thinks I should sell the GTI as she loves the Arosa: I think not.

Polo TDi or A2 TDi are appealing to me, especially the A2:

Hmm...

...the Audi and VW dealers are both within walkng distance...

:rolleyes:

My first one was found by pure chance, my first car (a 51 plate corsa) was starting to play up so one day after we got back from a holiday dad spotted that the local VW garage (useless) had a sale on so went with the intention of buying a polo, spotted the green loop tucked away in the corner, took it for a test drive came back an hour later and brought the car.

The GTi was found through clublupo, just browsing around in the cars for sale dreaming as I have always wanted a GTi when spotted marios for sale, couple of PM's later and a phonecall and I found myself in a car park an hour away, had a look over the car etc then drove home, half hour after got in made the phonecall and picked the car up a week later

= :D

Got mine last september. Was looking 4 a while and seen a few gti's, all of which seemed 2 have something wrong with them. Found one in glasgow (i live in stafford) that i intended on flying up to get and drive back but didnt finalise the sale on the clio beford that was sold. Then by sheer luck i was working on a cctv system at a garage in wednesbury and a garage over the road had a red gti at the front. A week later it was mine!

I was looking at lupo's for a few months on trader and piston heads.

Then a red one come up in Nov 2007 which I wanted straight away as all the others I saw were silver or black.

It was a done deal when my now ex saw the wheels,

We drove 320 miles to pick her up from Fife and I havent looked back!

that was a good weekend :)

I was looking at lupo's for a few months on trader and piston heads.

Then a red one come up in Nov 2007 which I wanted straight away as all the others I saw were silver or black.

It was a done deal when my now ex saw the wheels,

We drove 320 miles to pick her up from Fife and I havent looked back!

that was a good weekend :)

where abouts in fife did you pick your gti up from?

I found my gti on autotrader after looking about for a month or so. I was waiting for a cheque to clear before i could buy one. it was an agonising 2 week wait before i had cash in hand :o all the way to runcorn. Was a good drive home though!! :D

Don't rush into buying the first one you see!! i seen a few heaps on P/heads and autotrader, dave was constantly reminding me to be sensible! :D

mine was a classified on ebay not to far from me.. engine was oil-less when they started but they had oil in house (i never clicked on) stuck a litre in and drove home, empty next morning.... knocked £300 off... and oil pressure switch which cost a fiver and some quality oil of course and the total came to under £600. FSH aswell. polish people tried to con me but who had the last laugh muhahahaha

Found mine in aberdeen on autotrader, had a mate go check it out, then went up myself to try it, ended up trading the audi for it. Wish i'd paid full price for it instead of trading the audi, do miss that car.

Got my Sdi just over 4 years ago from the autotrader.

Totally mint with only 15k on the clock. Not a mark on it.

A just sold it a week ago with 40k odd miles on it and it was still near mint.

I was talkin about getting a lupo with my mate, and his boss's wife was selling one, they brought the car to me an i bought it :), lucky really as i know people have travelled for hours just to view a lupo.

I bought my Arosa in November 2008, I was driving a Fiat Seicento Abarth and hadn't even been looking for a a new car. I had previously looked at MK2 Arosa's earlier in the year on Pistonheads and Auto trader etc but never really thought about it.

But at the beginning of November my bf had been looking at Arosa's on Piston Heads and showed me one.. which I actually fell in love with and I emailed the guy selling it asking a few questions about it, and also done an insurance quote just really for the fun of it, I wasn't serious at all.

The guy replied to me saying it had most service history, how many miles it had done etc and asked if I wanted to view it.. so one weekend myself and Rob took a little trip down to Brighton in his Lupo to view the Arosa... and Yepp I fell in love and knew I had to have the car. So the guy said if I could come back next week and collect it, it was mine. So I did! (Just meant the Seicento was sitting around for weeks until it sold!)

Edited by Emz