Hey guys - Help needed!

89Rallye

Hey guys,

Long time no post, been bust getting our new forced induction website up and running.

Anyway, the Lupo is fine and in fact brilliant to drive (if not a little slow (1.0ltr remember), but thats not always a bad thing). Cant believe its only £19 to fill the tank! and it lasts forever biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Still need to paint the front grille again as the paint reacted and I havent had chance, just bought a new dashboard (the one from Ebay for those who spotted it) to fix the airbag hole.

Anyway looking to buy a new steering wheel for the car, as I have a spare `snap-off` boss from my Corrado and the Airbags not working anyway.

Question though for those who have done it, what is it thats holding the airbag on? I know its bolted up from behind the wheel but I cant get anything in to see what it is. Since the rest of the dash is held together with those crappy Torx screws I thought the wheel probably is but I put a mirror behind the wheel and it looks like a flat head screw.

But I still cant get anything in to reach it, so hows it done??

Will post some photos up of my newly finnished Lupo once I get around to taking some :cool:

aaah the sticky airbag that wont come off huh

if you take a look at the back of the s/wheel you will find two holes big enough to slide a screwdriver in, (long'ish shaft with a short handle) now comes the tricky bit ...

there is a round metal retaining clip, like a rather huge circlip wich holds the wheel on , now what you have to do is push the clip with the screwdriver, turn the wheel 180 degrees and then press the other side .. erm kind of hard to explain

but you can gimme a ring in south africa and ill explain if you like smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

catch ya later

Cheers guys,

Yeah I saw the screw heads and I know how to remove the circlip things, just couldnt get nothing into the screws at the back of the wheel and I wasnt sure if it was a normal flat headed screw or one of those awful torx things that the rest ofthe dash is held together with.

Will give it another go, it has to come off one wayor another to fit the new dashboard.

Oh and I have repaired the link to my Rallye MattyB, but the page hasnt been updated for ages. Theres been a fair bit done since those photos although the engine still isnt in ???