Broken bonnet opener handle

Tatsumaru

Hey everyone

I just jumped in my car about to open my bonnet to check the oil.........

my bonnet opener has broken......

I did NOT break it... and as far as I know i'm the only one to open it recently........

When I pull the handle back it's like it's not attached to anything... it's just totally free moving and doesn't spring back...

Now i've looked closer at the handle... there is black insulation tape on the handle it looks like a bodge job was done on it

I bought the car brand new and I really hope volkswagen fix it under warranty :S

Please please can everyone let me know asap if they have black tape or anything weird looking on their handle

see picture thanks everyone

2009-06-11232527.jpg

Edited by Tatsumaru

hey mate. somebodys probably went in and broke it. then taped it back so you wouldnt know. things shouldnt be held together by tape lol.

mine broke. but thats only because i crashed into somethin and it was my actuall lock that snapped. can you get your bonnet to open atall??

yeah thats probably best. hope you get it fixed.

my water light came on and i couldnt open my bonnet, so i was pretty much screwed lol. quickly took it to a garage and they fixed it and topped up my car for £10. i open my bonnet with a cable tie and a plier lol.

nah just the garage down the road. he didnt actually fix it lol he just opened it up for me. i dont know how he did it though coz it was pretty much sealed up. i have a cable tie that i have to pull with a plier before it can open. i went and bought another cable from the scrappies for cheap and just have to line it through again. you'l probably get it fixed for free though if your car was new.