James' Lupo Sport - it's MEGA - Now a Golf - more wheels

ministig

Cheers, really chuffed with them! :D and yer will have to sort summit out, possibly after a DNE meet or something.

Trial fitted 10mm spacers today:

Before:

ce0b077e.jpg

After:

a3fbf4e3.jpg

Got a bit of a problem though, the spacer leaves some of the hub however the back of the wheel has a tapered edge before the centre bore, and this is just deep enough for the wheel not to centre on the hub :( so going to have to get some wider hubcentric spacers and possibly some camber to get the stance sorted! :)

new caps look 100 times better!! stance is nice with the spacers on too!

Cheers, keeping the flat caps for shows/meets and running the hex ones every day! Think I am going to need to go for 20mm hubcentric spacers to clear the hub and have the wheel centred! :wacko:

Edited by ministig

Cheers, really chuffed with them! :D and yer will have to sort summit out, possibly after a DNE meet or something.

Trial fitted 10mm spacers today:

Got a bit of a problem though, the spacer leaves some of the hub however the back of the wheel has a tapered edge before the centre bore, and this is just deep enough for the wheel not to centre on the hub :( so going to have to get some wider hubcentric spacers and possibly some camber to get the stance sorted! :)

exactly the same problem i had with 15mm spacers, i took the cap on the hub off and that made the spacer sit flat.

looking good, painting the borbets at all?

Wasn't going to for the minute, will do when they get a bit scuffed and that, seem to be getting chipped on the lips, guess it is from the stretch! :lol:

And BEP the 10 mm spacers are just universal ones I swapped for cider so aren't hubcentric, they fit fine leaving some of the hub lip and sit on the hub flush. But when I put the wheel on the wheel doesn't centre on the hub lip any more due to the taper on the inside of the wheel so the spacer is fine, but will the wheel will never centre unless I get much smaller spacers or go bigger proper hubcentric ones!

• 1 month later...

Well I don't really know tbh! They are 15x7 4x100 et 35 exips, the centre bore is 54mm but gonna get them opened up professionally, or some custom spacer/adapters! Best of all they are all brand new in original boxes :D fresh from 1991! :P

The tyres are gonna go on my new ones, and not gonna be selling that set of A's for the time being as I have managed to collect 3 sets of centre caps for them including flat caps! So gonna hoard them in the garage, or get my brother to put them on his tdi! :D