Quaife LSD for Lupo GTI, Sport and Polo GTI Group Buy

Tigz™

All

Can you please let me know what your gearbox code is, on Monday morning the group buy will be closed and I will be placing the order.

The 085 box owners who have paid full price, I need your gearbox code this weekend really.

The GTI owners and the 085 owner who have paid the depoist I will need this by the end of the week.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turns out the bolt set is no diff in quality or price from

that offered from VW

in actual fact the reccoment using the VW parts so my advice is to buy direct from

VW

if I can find the part numbers I'll see what discount the will offer for ordering a few sets but that won't be untill units are nearly ready

GVX?

I don't recognize that code?

Is there any thing else printed on the gearbox?

Is it 5 or 6 speed and what year ?

I will have to investigate....

Edited by Icegeezer

I do not have a Lupo GTI gearbox, so I am unable to take photos of where you can find it.

Can anyone take a photo?

I need to place the orders, but they and I do not want to take the risk assuming the gearboxes are the same.

I think that code is not important because all 6 speed gearboxes share the same diferential ;)

Originally, my Lupo GTI had a GVX gearbox. Recently, I replace it with a FUT gearbox. All 6 speed gearboxes have the same gear ratios and

external cases.

Codes can be FUT, GPF, GSN and GVX.

As I said, the code is printed on top ... generally. Not in the same place but ever on top.

Some pictures from mine.

dsc00174o.jpg

dsc00175qzl.jpg

dsc00176jwh.jpg

I'm waiting on one more G40 gearbox code so I can pay for the 085 boxes and get them out.

Ideally I would like to get everyones gearbox codes in as I would like to try and haggle a little more before I hand over the cash to them.

It would be easier to get the price down when handing over a large wod of cash.

Can you all please check your gearbox code, I do not want to assume that the diffs are the same in all GTI gearboxes, Quaife were unable to confirm that this was the case and I don't want to be stuck with 10+ diffs that don't fit because of three letters.

Pete, can you ask your mate for his code for me?

Hi Mate, I'm still waiting on the dates guys, didnt get the chance to chase them today as its my month end but I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Sorry for the delays.

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?sho...c=57961&hl=

One of the reasons for the time scales :(

Ok guys, I have recieved an update regarding the diff's.

The 3 x 085 Diffs should be with me mid way through next week.

The GTI diffs may be ready as close away as 13 weeks. :)

Thanks for your patiance people, I half wish I had a GTI so I could buy one myself!

If any of you who have not ordered want to get one please let me know, I will keep this open for another few weeks but obviously once production starts I'm calling an end to it.

Not sure if it still matters, but the two gearbox codes for Japan is GVX and FUT

Thanks mate, it looks as though you all share the same diff.

What I was concerned about was VW altering something which may have an effect.

He was telling me on Friday about an 'issue' with TVR when TVR themselfs didn't know that a few of the ten cars they had built already had a LSD when they placed an order with them, first they knew was when a couple didn't fit and they had to be reworked.

For obvious reasons, getting units reworked that have been sent to Japan isn't ideal! :lol: