Voting

IDGM

And those freedoms are getting taken away from us by that lovely Labour government we have now...

You can enjoy freedom here, if you're an immigrant, refuse to work, refuse to pay tax, and commit plenty of crime.

English? Pay tax? Work hard? Want to enjoy your hard earned? Nope... not a chance.

Totally agree with this.

I didn't vote this year, but if I had I certainly wouldn't vote for Labour. I'd even vote Tory over them. This country seriously needs to sort out their immigration policies.

I never voted labour into power, so the points are irrelevant in this situation other than to show parties never say and do the same things.

You voted though?

And you still have not expanded on what the BNP will do that we are not being told they will do.

Edited by IDGM

:lol:

UKIP is looking favourable for many, seemes fairly logical to me...but ive been baught up to believe that Tory is pretty much the only option. If i wasnt so unsure between the choices/ so convinced that my vote wouldnt make a blind bit of difference, and the only person that could save us is Maggie T (awaits rotton food to be thrown at me) then id of spoiled my paper with:

JEREMY CLARKSON FOR PRIME MINISTER. PROBLEM SOLVED.

Whatever your political persuasion, if you ever get the chance to vote then take it! Voter apathy amongst the mainstream means that extremist fringe parties will do much better than they would otherwise, because the nutters and obsessives who support them will definitely get out there and vote. Look at what happened with Jean Marie Le Pen and the French National Front in 2002.

As for the BNP, the comparisons with the Nazi party are fair. Immigration is a problem for the UK, but extreme right wing parties are not the solution. Also, it's easy to make promises you can't deliver, but I guess that goes for all political parties.

For those of you on Facebook, look at a group called 1,000,000 United Against the BNP. Some of the quotes from BNP members on there are truly shocking.

Not sure if the link will work but here it is anyway http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.ph...&ref=search

You voted though?

And you still have not expanded on what the BNP will do that we are not being told they will do.

I didnt vote on basis that i feel no party will keep to their policies or help me in any way.

Everyone knows the BNP actively looks to recruit the younger influential generations as its base votes, they push in areas where immigrants have got jobs over english nationals, and they marched in sunderland a few year back when we were struggling with jobs.

Plus youve kind of shot yourself in the foot by explaining how labour done the same thing of giving policies then unveiling loads more which didnt benifit us, the same way in which the BNP will bring in their more far right views after.

I do not believe in the modern society we have now, that the far right members of the BNP would be given a voice and a platform to put forward their views, even if they did run the country. These "Nazi" views would not be able to come forward if they stood their ground on democracy, as the general public would not support these views, in my opinion.

Some members do not speak for the whole of one party, but obviously the whole party is tarnished with the same brush.

IF, I had done more research on my local candidates before, and if my local BNP elect came across as one of those not grouped with the extremist members of the party, I would be willing to vote for them, but I didn't, so hey ho.

In the end I voted Conservative...