1x intercooler pipe - £40

2x electric window regulators - £110

1x timing belt tensioner - £26

2x wishbones - £60

2x CV joints - £100

1x headunit - £250

2x tyres - £106

= £602 in 1 month...

PLUS ive still got a fuel leak to fix which could either be a £300 fuel tandem pump or a couple of quid hose AND i think the front shockies have died from me battering the car round back roads and the mileage is at 90k

I've spent £1500 on the VX since I got it 11 weeks ago. And driven about 200 miles in it. Some of it was on modifications, but a lot just getting it sorted.

:(

Wouldn't say iv had car trouble.... more that its just been in for a major service and at 47k it was due its cambelts and water pump, had it MOTd at the same time, then taxed the day after. An expense two days lol

We've had the Ibiza four years now and it's having two tyres on it today. Apart from routine servicing, that's been the only cost for wear, tear and damage. Not bad.

My Fiesta is approaching three years old and hasn't cost a bean as yet.

Guest Lauryn

This week I'm getting:

Windows fixed

New discs and pads

New ECU finally coded in

New bulb for rear number plate

New bulb for radiator panels

Just put new headlight bulbs in last week as one bit the dust

Fix sagging passenger door

Probably more I've forgotten about!

:lol: Just been into town and there was a Saab convertible parked up with the roof down, with the most enormous seagull in the world standing on it. Bet his back seats are full of ****! :lol:

Currently chasing boost leaks all around the Bora.

Since the most recent update map I've found and cured one boost leak and now I've got another... FFS... the joys of running 1.7 bar of boost...

well to add to the issues ive been having , i now need

- anti roll bar bushes

2 front shocks

possible 2 front springs as i think one of mine is about to snap due to the creaking noise

i spoke to the garage today about the wishbones being done, turns out i needed a new bottom ball joint as the nut snapped off into mine as it was that jammed when tey went to take it off :(

and the diesil leak looks like its going to be the pump thats cracked as the hose i thought it was cracked its just a coolant hose. arse.

@ ricoshay - thats why i had mine replaced before they went - turns out mine were as dry as an old stick....

Porsche Boxster S,

Major service with rear main seal replacment, £900

2 Contisport N1 tyres, £280 Each

2 Trackday helmets, £140 Each

A trackday on Saturday, Priceless!

Luckly im not paying! :D

I'm having no troubles...

The 1.0 is plodding along nicely.

The Beemer has a flat tyre, but that's easily fixed. I'll ignore the smell of petrol, tiny oil leak, and the forthcoming MOT :huh:

Phil - did you buy a VX220 or a Polo G40? Sounds like the same story I had... :lol:

if you haven't changed the hub carrier bolts i'd do that too Phil, see my comment in your owners rides section, been a few crashed where they have failed since mine. Especially if your header tank has popped, shows it has spent a lot of time outside so probably not garaged.

http://www.vx220.org.uk/forums/Hub-Carrier...=bolts+corroded

Porsche Boxster S,

Major service with rear main seal replacment, £900

2 Contisport N1 tyres, £280 Each

2 Trackday helmets, £140 Each

A trackday on Saturday, Priceless!

Luckly im not paying! :D

Not really the appropriate place to be showing off really...

Craig was asking if people were having car problems, Not people who had rich parents...

Edited by nfbr

Not really the appropriate place to be showing off really...

Craig was asking if people were having car problems, Not people who had rich parents...

Dont talk to me about showing off! :lol:

A rear main seal going is a problem, Although you knew that because you seem to know everything about engines these days...

Dont talk to me about showing off! :lol:

A rear main seal going is a problem, Although you knew that because you seem to know everything about engines these days...

There's me thinking you meant a rear main seal for the Soft top!

And after all it is kind of my business to be well informed about engines.

Edited by nfbr

last couple of months I've had;

-service with cambelt

-rocker cover gasket

-arb bushes

-manifold

-front wishbones

-door check strap

-2 tyres

-4 wheels re-furbed

-1 abs sensor

-2 tow eye covers

-fuel filter

-ignition leads

think that about it but alot of coin none the less but oh well almost ready t sell now :)

if you haven't changed the hub carrier bolts i'd do that too Phil, see my comment in your owners rides section, been a few crashed where they have failed since mine. Especially if your header tank has popped, shows it has spent a lot of time outside so probably not garaged.

Cheers Crusoe, I'd been meaning to look it up on the VX forum but never got round to it. I'll get the bolts changed,seems like an easier job than I expected too. :)