Police attraction to Loops

danixd

Legally you need headlamp washers:

Rachel: are you an police officer? Do you have any photo's of you in your uniform? :)

I am a NICE one, more on the safer neighboroughhoods teams then traffic (traffic Rats as we call them). No unfortuantly not sorry guys x

:wub:

Edited by girly_girl_x

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, Ray you old Dog!

If you're a special surely you can't pull people over anyway? You're not allowed to use the blues and two's are you? A lot of my mates are specials.

Haha, Ray you old Dog!

If you're a special surely you can't pull people over anyway? You're not allowed to use the blues and two's are you? A lot of my mates are specials.

We cannot exceed the speed limit or over take to pull someone over on blues, but if we are behind them then we can pull them over.

We cannot go through red lights either due to insurance cover, if you take the weeks driving course then you can.

But i have all the same powers as any other police officer and when i am out with a regular police officers as we call them then all applies red lights, chases cum on!

xx

I am a NICE one, more on the safer neighboroughhoods teams then traffic (traffic Rats as we call them). No unfortuantly not sorry guys x

:wub:

Just interested. I used, for a short while, to work in a Police Control Room. Amazing how many calls we would get asking if a certain shoulder no. had reported setting of a speed camera!!! :o

Still need photo's of you in uniform. Just for proof of course :rolleyes:

I once booked 2 specials off duty at 3 am on a Sunday mornning as 'we' thought they had forgot to book off after an excitable night.

04.30 they came on the radio asking to be booked off as they had just left A&E where they had been getting patched up after a massive brawl in a kebab shop. Oops! :(

Haha, Ray you old Dog!

Less of it junior!

...and did you not mean "A lot of my mates are special needs."? :huh:

Ha yes you inspired me. :P

Pretty funny stories, and a surprising amount of you have been caught speeding. I am overly suspicious of decent cars with two blokes in at night now.

My friend was in his golf and an under cover police car raced up his ass, thinking he wanted a race my mate gunned it and was gutted with 3 points. Cheeky basts they are.

A speeding fine for 33 though, mate that sucks :/

Cheers mate but to be honest it was my fault I got pulled and i admitted it when they pulled me over.

Just interested. I used, for a short while, to work in a Police Control Room. Amazing how many calls we would get asking if a certain shoulder no. had reported setting of a speed camera!!! :o

Still need photo's of you in uniform. Just for proof of course :rolleyes:

I once booked 2 specials off duty at 3 am on a Sunday mornning as 'we' thought they had forgot to book off after an excitable night.

04.30 they came on the radio asking to be booked off as they had just left A&E where they had been getting patched up after a massive brawl in a kebab shop. Oops! :(

Hummm simular story for me i got stuck on for 13 hours! Started at 2 in the afternoon doing.....speed enforcement....then a brawl in Windsor finished at 3am nice!

Once in the sport for going a little bit quick and once in the Gti for the same.

Pulled in my mates sport for "reckless driving"/"suspected drink driving" for driving around potholes in Leeds city centre.

Police seem to love them, they took the piss outa my mate for being so low haha.

Once in the sport for being naughty.

Once in the sport for germna plates.

Never in the GTi.

So only through fault of my own have i been pulled. I seem to attract boy racers (more so than myself) than the ol' bobbies.

Never been pulled by the Police luckily, although got an SP60 in the Loop for going a miniscule over the limit in roadworks... those 3 points will be disappearing off my license in August, weyhey!

I wonder if i get pulled, as i have my test on monday so i will see if i attract any attention, i will blame the skin head if i do thou :P

Good luck mate ;)

twice.

First time when I had my ATS's on, and the 8" on the rear obv had poke, he pulled me saying "these arent standard" (I nearly LOL'd a bit) and that.. literally.. "someone could get injured" and then mimicked somebody, walking into my hmm, 1 inch poke on the rear, I thought he was going to die it looked really dangerous ! ... :rolleyes: So I had to get that sortteedddd.

Second time, massive speed humps, do the angle on and off manouvere, to save scrape, he followed me, pulled me for "antagonising" the biker behind me, asif I was "playing with him"... then I explained its too low to go straight over. I got a resigning... "ah..". Then they randomly brought up, I now think, to save embaressment, that I had no insurance. I kicked off at that point, they wanted someone to bring the details, but luckily they were "busy" and made me produce to a police depo.

That was about 2 months back, and the ATS's last Octoberish time.

I had my backbox off for about a month, loud as ****, thought I would have got pulled for that. I couldnt imagine trying to explain that.

I have had two parking tickets this year though, £25 a time, not happy about them. Wasnt even worth it, friggin' uni lecture. :angry:

Correct, and they need to be self leveling.

And the headlamp units themselves need to be type approved for use with Gas Discharge lighting systems.