Police attraction to Loops

danixd

After driving past a beautiful loop earlier on the side of the road with the police, it made me wonder how often you Lupo owners get pulled.

I drive a tin can and haven't been pulled in two year, where as a lot of my mates have, but then again they drive hot(ter) hatches than mine.

How have you found it? And what model Loop do you own? It seems to be the bigger and more shiny the wheels, the more the police like to stop you! :rolleyes:

has this thread been started in relation to u seeing me pulled over in my lupo lol

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been pulled over, ever.

<touch wood>

Same....

Not even in my MGB, which has wrong plates(Stuck on bonnet), Side exit exhaust with nice long pipes... The only silencer been a little splitter box... And is breathes lots of flame on overrun. 130w headlight bulbs which are bluer than blue, wrong rear indicator lens... red(Dangerous to others, so i took them off)... And lots of other things that the police wouldn't be to impressed with....(If they knew what they were doing!)

Only a matter of time though!

got pulled once in the Lupo for 33mph in a 30mph zone. 3 points £60... (winkers...) and once for suspicion of drink driving as I was bobbing and weaving all over an uneven road surface trying to save my suspension a bit of hassle...

Only been pulled once in the bora (White rear number plate) :(

That sounds wrong mate. I got pulled for doing 41 in a 30 by a hair dryer, officer said up to 35mph is fine, up to 39mph is officer's discretion and above is a dead cert for points and fine..

I would challenge that if I were you.. I got off anyway as I challenged the validity of the reading being from my car.

I would challenge that if I were you.. I got off anyway as I challenged the validity of the reading being from my car.

I can't challenge something which happened in 2004.

That sounds wrong mate. I got pulled for doing 41 in a 30 by a hair dryer, officer said up to 35mph is fine, up to 39mph is officer's discretion and above is a dead cert for points and fine..

If the posted limit is 30, then by doing anything over that he is exceeding the limit. ACPO guidelines are to prosecute at 10% +2mph, however they are only guidelines and dont have to be followed.

Not even in my MGB, which has wrong plates(Stuck on bonnet), Side exit exhaust with nice long pipes... The only silencer been a little splitter box... And is breathes lots of flame on overrun. 130w headlight bulbs which are bluer than blue, wrong rear indicator lens... red(Dangerous to others, so i took them off)... And lots of other things that the police wouldn't be to impressed with....(If they knew what they were doing!)

Considering some of the cars my Uni housemates had and the way they drove them, I'm gobsmacked we were never pulled over (with me as a passenger, obviously). John had a modified G40, a 70's camaro, an 80's 911 and a modified mk1 polo... Dave had a modified passat estate and a (heavily) modified mini. Both are fantastic drivers but both liked to "test" their cars...

I had a police car follow me home from less than 1/2 a mile away from my house but it was just after pub closing time & it could've appeared to them that I turned off to avoid them - but was actually turning up my road.

I parked up on the road outside my house & switched the lights off as they went past me the first time. They turned round & came back past a few moments later, by which time they saw me unlocking our front door & heading in to the house. The ANPR would've registered that the car was parked outside its registered address by then too.

Only a matter of time though!

Unfortunately, that seems to be the case...

Only once in the Lupo, when I was taking photos of it near the brick train in Darlo and the police deemed it to be "suspicious actvity" and gave me a producer.

I was stopped for doing 50 in a 30 through the town centre and given the fine and points, and I've often been followed home by cops - At night I usually drive back into Darlo through a little village where coppers always hang out, and they often follow me home if I take a certain corner too quickly and stick the lights on when I get to my drive to give the neighbours something to look at.

You owned a Lupo?

:lol: I was just about to say the same thing! I don't believe it myself, I think he's always been a wannabe.

I mentioned to my police mates about the tax disc in the bobby car they were in as it had lost its stick and was sitting on the dash board, but they both swore blind that there's no law against where it's displayed, as long as it's displayed clearly. :huh:

Tigz im sure that polo will be making all the right noises, wont be long till you get pulled. :P

Mate I'm annoyed that I haven't.

Because the car is registered correctly with the DVLA and everything is declared with the insurance.

Takes the Mickey I have spent £130 in fuel since Tuesday night.

Seen loads of coppers, none have stopped me yet though.

I want to get pulled by our local Evo X Police car :)

Never sat in the back of an Evo before lol

You owned a Lupo?
:lol: I was just about to say the same thing! I don't believe it myself, I think he's always been a wannabe.

I heard he ran Lupo badges on his Fabia.

:rolleyes:

Got pulled for the first time last week in mine. Driving down the high street of our town with loud dubstep, and were just screaming for no reason. The car infront was an undercover 5 series BMW and he put he pulled us because my number plate was in the window. It had genuinely fallen off and I had the bracket in the back as proof but then he told me the xenons were illegal (they arent) and ran a check that I was owner...my MOT had run out a month ago and I hadnt realised!

He said I seemed like a decent lad though and that it looked like I took care of my car so he let me off and said he wouldnt be as nice next time! :o

Unless you have a GTI, they probably are

Or GTI lights in a non-GTI..... Most aftermarket Zenon's are not E approved, so not road legal, Beam patern's will never be right also.

I last got stopped in my old Mini in 1992. It was orange with a brown passenger door and boot, blue bonnet and a white front end running on 12" Viva HA rims. It looked shoddy and it was 3am. Everything was tickety-boo though.

has this thread been started in relation to u seeing me pulled over in my lupo lol

Ha yes you inspired me. :P

Pretty funny stories, and a surprising amount of you have been caught speeding. I am overly suspicious of decent cars with two blokes in at night now.

My friend was in his golf and an under cover police car raced up his ass, thinking he wanted a race my mate gunned it and was gutted with 3 points. Cheeky basts they are.

A speeding fine for 33 though, mate that sucks :/

Been pulled over once in most of my cars.

MKI Clio 1.2 - pulled over once told I didn't have my seat belt on, when he came up to my window he could see I did.

MKII (phase I) Clio 1.2 - once for going a bit quick but just chatted to me and let me go. Was about 3am though.

MKII Clio 172 - once was for merging in front of some muppet who didn't want to let me in although I was well ahead. He held the horn down so I gave him the finger, got told off for 'being aggresive'!! WTF.

Seemed more likely the fact that I was 21 and driving a hot hatch. :(

Haven't been pulled over since though, considering I have an orange Megane its never draw the attention. Had an old Renault 5 and a Clio RT then the Lupo and not been pulled.

I blame being old though, I'm 27 now and they think I'm past being an annoying boy racer! lol

2 twice in the lupo, 1st was when i got the car and he pulled me over becuase it was on the system, and the 2nd one was becuase Quinn Direct had taken my registration down wrong. On both times he complemented the car and said "bet they are fast"....

Ha yes you inspired me. :P

Pretty funny stories, and a surprising amount of you have been caught speeding. I am overly suspicious of decent cars with two blokes in at night now.

My friend was in his golf and an under cover police car raced up his ass, thinking he wanted a race my mate gunned it and was gutted with 3 points. Cheeky basts they are.

A speeding fine for 33 though, mate that sucks :/

The whole 33MPH thing is wrong its 10% +2 in most police force areas. 35MPH is usally a speed awarness course depending on the "attatude test".

I usally only give tickets for Mobiles inc TXTING, and over 40MPH and shout SEAT BELT and ask to get number plates changed.

Rach

Edited by girly_girl_x

I got pulled once on my motorcycle for 35mhp in a 30 zone: Poole, Dorset.

Motorcyle bobby checked my vehicle, gave me a producer and then sent me on my way with a warning.

He obviously was just looking for a reason to stop me, but he let me go when he found no faults.

I feel that the 33mph in a 30 was probably the same: reason to stoop, but the policaman wasn't so nice. :(

I was pulled in the Arosa by the local police for using the car to carry rubbish to the tip, as i came out on came the lights and i was told that i was wrong ! had a look around the car ( more shocked to see no interior) asked if he could sit in it and i said yes asked were i was off to i said home, Both said the arosa was cool but next time use your Leon for rubbish carring! turns out one of the traffic guys who im good friends with had told them to do it to see my reaction. i was more annoyed as i could'nt get out of my harness and seat quick enough with out looking like a old man!

DSCF1324.jpg

how i miss the nice Leather i once had!

Or GTI lights in a non-GTI..... Most aftermarket Zenon's are not E approved, so not road legal, Beam patern's will never be right also.

Legally you need headlamp washers:

Rachel: are you an police officer? Do you have any photo's of you in your uniform? :)