Lupo Vs Arosa

Woodymc

Hello there , im new to this site :P

Basically about 8 days ago i crashed my little corsa B into a hotel wall in windermere ( if anyone is from there it was me that drove into the wall in bowness nere the Old England Hotel). Im basically wanting to buy either of the two cars, but have no clue of the difference between. Id probly be choosing the 1.4 model or even the 1.0, ive noticed that in general the Arosa seems to be cheaper?. Any help on choosing between them?

Thanks Ollie

Edited by Woodymc

Thanks for the heads up , i presume same engines ect in both?

After being in both (Lupo & Arosa), I'd say the quality was exactly the same, so who cares where it was made!

I prefer the Lupo personally, just looks better modified in my opinion. Jazz blue and yellow being the best colours! :D

After being in both (Lupo & Arosa), I'd say the quality was exactly the same, so who cares where it was made!

I prefer the Lupo personally, just looks better modified in my opinion. Jazz blue and yellow being the best colours! :D

Can't argue! :D

I wouldn't have the 'Rosa due to the crap dash.

Give me a blue cockpit any day of the week!

Come on, mkII dashes aren't that bad...

Compared to the Lupo they are ****.

Compared to a mk4 Golf or Bora they rock.

Slag the Arosa again and I'll suspend your bum!

I like the red display in the Arosa MkII.

Basically just differences in the cosmetics. There are more VW badges on my Arosa than SEAT badges.

I think, as Liam said, that the Lupo looks better simly modified, but if you smooth the bumpers on the Arosa, your on a catch up.

Same car for less money.

hmm this is giving me alot to think about , im 19 with 0 years no claims , think the 1.0 would be a cheaper/easier option than the 1.4's? also any idea on price range for both car's and both size's of engine?

thanks ollie

if you smooth the bumpers on the Arosa, your on a catch up.

Completely agree with the above, all a Mk2 needs is Coilovers, some nice Brembo brakes, Motor Spoke 16s and IMO its a better looking car than (can I even say it?) a lowered none GTI Lupo?

I wish someone would build a red and white Arosa Racer.

Lupo GTI engine on throttle bodies, new Polo GTI interior and you'd be onto a winner.

GTI isnt gnna work i can dream but its gnna have to be the 1.0 or 1.4, for now anyhow :)

Yeah been reading different things on this site , the 1.4 sounds good . . . basically i want a lupo/arosa to put my 3k's worth of install in it as a side topic any1 know how these do with a ton of audio inside? can they take it?

^

Now your talking!

I just sold my 145.8db lupo of boom,

They cope well with vibrations and can pull the weight, your mpg will obv go down, and speed!

Id look into a 1.7 sdi Great mpg, and would stand alot more chance pulling the weight (and the insurace is cheap as they arent quick!)

What install are you planning then? what audio do you have etc?

Here is my old one,

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=45972

Rich,

MATE!!!!! Im in love lol :P

Thats awesome i was thinking the same ripping those crappy backseat's out :D. Yeah my install is from here http://www.theloudest.co.uk/ i have a mate who's dad owns this so its cost price. my corsa had just had it in 3 days passed my test like 20 days ago was driving for 10 days then smashed it , ill put up some pics for a luagh..

Really wanting a lupo bad , just alittle short on £ atm might have about £1000 to spend , but am soon realizing you dont get much for that , hope youv'e passed your test mate!! sick u having that car and not being able to drive it HOOK ME UP! :P

ollie

just for the record theloudestgear isnt that good! what are you planning on putting in it then? box dimentions will be key if your doing a "street baser install"

And yes i passed my test in November, that lupo is now sold and im on the hunt for a sport now,

Thanks,

MATE!!!!! Im in love lol :P

Thats awesome i was thinking the same ripping those crappy backseat's out :D. Yeah my install is from here http://www.theloudest.co.uk/ i have a mate who's dad owns this so its cost price. my corsa had just had it in 3 days passed my test like 20 days ago was driving for 10 days then smashed it , ill put up some pics for a luagh..

Really wanting a lupo bad , just alittle short on £ atm might have about £1000 to spend , but am soon realizing you dont get much for that , hope youv'e passed your test mate!! sick u having that car and not being able to drive it HOOK ME UP! :P

ollie

You would be really lucky to pick up a lupo for about a grand and it will probably need quite alot of work doing to it.

Arosa is the cheap option, which is why I have one and not a loop ha.

Yeah lol.. Do you know what kind of price range both cars go for?

and to rich , yeah some kind of box setup i think. :)