How to Go quicker without much cash?

storm

is there a way to make my car quicker even a little bit without having to buy anything as its not that quick and im sure it cud be quick if it wanted to

this is the most ridiculous post i've ever read

lmao..

yeah course there is..

take the restrictor off

find a hill on a windy day go down it orr

tie yrself to a lambo...

sorry dude u walked straight in2 that one...

Is this serious you want to make your car quicker without spending anything if you ask it really nicely it might go faster, if that doesn't work take out all of the interior just make sure you leave a seat and other essentials that should do it :P

But not the most ridiculous post ever written

KA-POW!! shall we have a 'moment in time' to reflect :lol:

random story time.....

His name was enid. and he was a dromidary camel working as a bank clerk in the day and at a strip club at night.

he was married to/partnered with a female stoat called alfreda, they had 2 kids, one of which suffered from bad eyesight and dyslexia.

He liked to drink ketchup directly from the bottle and play monopoly on a scrabble board. He spent his whole life believing gordon brown was a chinese aristocrat from mainland Greece, he remorgaged his burrow (big one he was a camel remember) to pay for the elise which cost the princely sum of £24,995.

I forget exactly which number it was but he got stuck everytime he tried to count to twenty, his favourite artist was a rapper called Akala although he had a distinct fondness of Barry Manilow. He never knew that the queen wasnt Helen Mirran and really fancied a bit of Prince Charles.

and if you were wondering

I was educated in lessons of randomness in the deepest darkest heart of the congo by some tibetan monks who were there on holiday. I remember the fine christmas morning where the bedoins also joined to teach me some randomness. The method of education of which they used was hallucination; induced by sucking upon a Boroble Grub, which as you can imagine looks like a grub only this one has a top hat and tails, well it may do after you've sucked it anyway. I left the congo enlightened and then spent a year trekking back to Europe, which is plenty of time to test ones randomness really. Coincidentally in the North of Africa, i had to cross the Sahara desert, which, is where i met Enid and his wife... the afore mentioned dromidary/Elise driver who was also on his way into Great Britain. Enid had to have been the most useless camel i have ever had the experience to meet, granted he is a very kind and intelligent camel; he just lacks most physical abilities so instead of riding him i had to carry him. We both travelled from morocco to dover on a banana boat, which was met by great disgust as we had caused 2 rather large passenger vessels to crash into each other; although in my defense Enid was driving and the death toll was minimal.

I also spent some time with the Navaho Indians in america but that children.... is another story.....

When overtaking, repeatedly utter the words "i think i can, i think i can" this will build your speed miraculously and to celebrate the manuoevour shout "nnnnneeeeuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!! as this will make it sound like a formula 1 car!!

If non of the above works then get a team to gether and shout " feel the rythym, feel the rhyme, give it up its Bobsled time...COOOOLLLL RUUUUNNINGS"

Good luck

Sit closer to the steering wheel and bob your head down like bikers do to make you more stream lined. By hugging your steering wheel your closer to the front and your weight will give the front wheels more traction, thus giving all them ponies more grip to storm off. Plus you will look cool like your gran whilst your driving ;)

Also if youv got any spare paint lying around roller go faster stripes on the car, you will be amazed at the improvement. Everyone will look round and stare trying to make out who the driver is thats going really really fast. :o :o

Firework rockets up the exhaust also work like fighter jets and youll be hitting MACH 78768 in no time :D

Good luck Top Gun B) B)

is there a way to make my car quicker even a little bit without having to buy anything as its not that quick and im sure it cud be quick if it wanted to

Yeah losing weight is always the cheapest option.

On member lost close than 200kg from weight saving with his 1.0

Why is everyone being a dick?

Because its funny...

No it's not.

It's like listening to a group of teenage girls giggling with each other.

If you don't know the answer to a question, or have no interest in the subject stick to general chat.

No need to act the dick, it gives us all a bad name.

Why is everyone being a dick?

Glad somone said it. Its not such a dumb question.

My car is hugley more perkey since it was put on a diet. The only downside is the car sitting higher as i only have bilstien -40mm fixed shocks. I also had to shift the battery to the spare wheel well to sort out the weight distrabution a bit but apart from £10 for some cable out of a cop car in the scrap yard all the benafit was free.

Making the car top out at a higher speed was not the aim for me, weight reduction is not the best way to achieve that goal as once the car is at a constant speed weight has very little to do with anything. The acceleration is where the real gain is. The power is much more usable and in esence it feels just like the engine has a larger power band this is obviously not true but the engine does not need as much torque as it did to shift its former fatter ass around.

If you cruise on the motorway at a constant speed for all of your driving then your not really going to gain a huge amount. Some as there is less roling resistance but nothing that will make you shout about it. Realistically though unless

your traveling on the motorway at night with no traffic this is not going to happen. Normal motorway driving required you speed up and slow down from about 50mph to 80mph dare i say 90mph. This is where it is really felt at speed as you can put your foot down and get a responce.

The biggest gain is driving on regular roads where you have to go up hills, slow down to a stop, go around a bends/corners and pull away fast so you dont get cut up by that big Audi Q7 driven by a woman that has chosen to ignore your existance. Quite obviously she is far more important.

If you want to get a faster top end without moding the engine you need to start looking at aerodynamics and roling resistance. There are some simple inexpensive mods you can do that will be noticable.

Othere things to keep in mind are that any electrical load will put more strain on the engine. for instance running the fan blower full blast all the time will mean there are less free reves, I.C.E and anything else you run will be taken away from your free revs as there is a load on the altinator. i am toying with the idea of putting a kill switch on the altinator for when pulling away.

Now this is a can of werms but i have seen the banafit so i am going to call it. ZX1 anti friction lubricant

i am not a fan of adatives but i make an exception with this stuff. For what ever reason it works, put some in the oil and some in the fuel and i would be surprised if you didnt feel a smother engine after a few runs.

If you look at the US car market the focus is now not on engine size but efficency. Frotunatly the slobs sorry Americans

do not want to give up preformance. Muscle cars are so much part of the culture that any car that is to replace a big V8 has to preforme well. The US market are much more likley to adopt electric before we do. With electric the actual car has to be far more efficient this means less weight lower rolling resistance and lower cd value (drag coefficien). The main goal is to make the car go longer between charges but the offshoot is that a car that has less of the apposing forces acting on it (areodynamic drag and rolling resistance..) is a car that will be able to preforme well with a much less powerfull engine.

The aptera has the same drag as a single wing mirror on a truck/van if a lupo had that a 1L lupo engine would feel like a GTI. the aptera is also very light and has 3 wheels so thats an unrealistic premice but you get the picture.

Where ever there is wind turbulance noise there is drag, If you can find a quiet hill to coast down do an experiment. coast down it normaly then do it again and flip the mirrors back you should be able to hear the differance in wind noise and even feel that the car coasts better.

If you really want to gain preformance without modding the engine then look at building a full bellypan for the car or at least patches that will make the underside of the car more slippery, silicone the pannel gaps smooth block the upper grill

and make some air dams infront of the wheels. on a lupo the front window is not flush with the body so that could also be smoothed out with silicone and the rear window is not at all flush with the body its down to your imagination as to how you could go about fixing that.

When designing the volt GM were shocked to discover just how much aerodynamic drag effected a car even at 20mph.

Its certainly not to be overlooked but the engine is sadly the first place people look and usualy the most costly way of getting a little bit extra usable power. There is not a single car on the road that cant benafit from simple DIY aerodynamic mods. Cars are mass produced from many indavidual components and thats not a good way of making a car aerodynamic but its fast and effective. Look at the underside of a plane then the underside of a car. The way pannels are fitted on a plane and on a car. Its common practive for the seems of a light arecraft to be siliconed smooth

to reduce drag.. go figure ;)

Has CL gone all serious where we cant act like mates and have a laugh and giggle?

Club Lupo has a name to look after.

You expect we will allow people to make the members of Club Lupo get a bad name, due to the activities on the forum which shares the same name.

If you do not like it, I frankly couldn't care less.

I've seen plenty of people with a bad attitude come and go.

I am going to remove the crap from this thread, so the discussion can continue regarding the posters question.

As before, please keep this type of thing in the Drivers Lounge.

There will be no further warnings on this.

All joking aside, stripping a car out is one of the best ways to improve everything on the car from 0-60 to handling. Less weight = less momentum thrown around. This is why my 1.6 Corsa was so quick. It was 150 bhp/ton. If I had left everything in the car it would have been 125 bhp/ton.